Help with Fashion... Garter shorts?

So I am kind of interested in buying these shorts
media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a2bb27b650a0.jpg
but everyone I asked say that they look kinda trashy but I don't so I'm curious on how many people would think that these look trashy and how many say they are okay... plus if you saw a girl wearing these what would you think of them cause I asked my brother about his opinion on these shorts and he says depends on what sort of message I'm trying to send cause I was only thinking about wearing these with an over-sized sweater and jacket for the fall season or a over-sized plaid shirt dress

• Yes, they are trashy
  • No, they look fine
  • Whatever
Chose to buy it anyways cuz I like the lace and garters but still I liked hearing everyone's opinions on them

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to go on the edge when it comes to fashion... and well anything else in life. it's all about off setting the pieces. for example girly colored satins and florals mixed with a badass biker jacket makes it the perfect combo. I think as long as everything else is conservative and "cutesie" you're good! The risk takers are the ones that people look at and ask where you got it. Go for it and screw what everyone else thinks honestly.

What Guys Said 4

• Stockings and garters like that are synonymous with sex and lingerie. It can be very sex, or trash/slutty instantly. I think if you were out clubbing it would be sexy, but anywhere in general public or casual use would be more trashy. It would kind of be the same with purposely wearing thongs so you can see the strings above your pants. At the bar it is sexy, but at the mall it is trashy.

• Well, the shorts are fine. Most girls I see where shorts that length and I have seen girls in lacey shorts like that. The stockings are fine to wear in public, but my problem is that when you were stockings you are not supposed to show the garter belt.

• I ain't gonna Tyra Banks on you, girl.. Naw I am kidding..

Yes they do look trashy. Its something you would wear for indoors sex. Just saying..

• It looks slotty >.>

What Girls Said 3

• Love them! I have a thing for thigh-highs. I love them so so much and who cares if people think they look "trashy"? They're just pissed because they can't look sexy in them lmao.

• By the way, I think they would look cute with an oversized sweatshirt. Your brother is right, it's all about the message you want to send. If you act super slutty (seeking attention sexually) then of course people will call you trashy, otherwise they are cute and sexy and I feel like more people should wear them.

• depends on your culture, in Sg or Japan these are very popular, and there are many variations, most have no garter strap and will look more skirt like than short's, usually worn with a cozy top or hoody though.

I think they look very beautiful, dress how you like

• They kind of look like lingerie... Like even the fabric. It's not something I would wear in public but hey! I don't judge maybe they'll look great on you! :)