Why are people usually like this?

Why is it that beautiful women who get praised for their beauty have the lowest self esteems?
Then the "average-looking women seem to have the highest self-esteems and the most confidence..
*****I'm not saying this is ALWAYS the case, it's just a trend I've noticed.
I think we can say the same for some men too, although it may not be as apparent.
It seems like beautiful people sometimes have the least amount of confidence even if they get compliments all the time.
WHYYYYYY?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's probably based on their situation. Some guy probably made the "average looking woman" feel good and it raised her self esteem. A lot of guys I imagine may get intimidated with a really really "beautiful woman", so she may be wondering why guys don't want her and her self esteem lowers. Not only that but beauty isn't everything. Some really really "beautiful women" may think that their looks should be all that is needed, but it's not. There are quite a bit of "average looking women" with great personalities and maybe that attracts guys more. Then in another situation maybe some guys feel they are average so they want a girl who is also average. It's situational.

What Guys Said 5

• Because their confidence has always been built on the attention and compliments they get but if they are not getting that regularly drip feed of compliments they start to feel down and they can really go on about it in order to provoke a compliment.

My friend does this. He looks like a dead ringer for vin diesel and is always getting checked out by the ladies but he is constantly wining about himself like he has no confidence and that no one fancies him. I try to ignore him or tell him to get a grip.

• Beautiful people aren't considered "normal". People will admire and praise them to the point where the beautiful person is just gonna think that they are a freak show.

• This is in fact true. The reason why most attractive people are not confident is mainly because they are used to hearing the same compliments, and nothing to complain about.

As for the less attractive people, the reason as to why most of them seem more confident a lot is because they have received less compliments, so from there their aggression showed by complaining a lot to people. From there, confidence occurred.

• But then you have those attractive people who only see their flaws and complain about them. THen people are like OMG SHUT UP YOU"RE BEAUTIFUL

• Is that what you're talking about?

• I have found the correlation between attractiveness and confidence to be directly proportional.

• Having your value based on your looks is not easy as their self worth is often not associated with not much else but their looks. Every flaw is seen and exaggerated.

What Girls Said 2

• As an average woman, I have an average self esteem. The beautiful people that I know have so much confidence that they become egotistical. I don't know too many beautiful people that don't know they are beautiful.

• No boo boo, i don't have low self esteem