Does my acne look really bad?

s1268.photobucket.com/.../...E7CB9FCCE6C4.jpg.html

I am trying everything to cover it up and fix it but nothing works and its getting worse and I am very depressed. My parents told me that my acne looks really bad and I will never get a boyfriend because my skin is very damaged and no guy will ever want me and ever since they said this to me, I have been very depressed than ever before. Does my skin look extremely bad? Please be honest!

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry its fixable. you need to go see a dermatologist but just in case i am going to give you some tips on things you can do to make your face better. Drink more water in order to flush out toxins out of your body , use a solution of 1/2 apple cider vinegar 1/2 water as a toner. Don't eat foods that are bad for you because those can cause your skin to go bad , one of my friends has really bad acne because he drinks a lot of soda. Don't put things that have a lot of nasty chemicals on your skin , switch to a natural facial cleanser that doesn't have any parabens or irritating chemicals good brands are Alba Botanica and Say Yes to Tomatoes , Avalon Organics. Also switch to a sulfate free shampoo because it foams up easily and its cheap however it is the same shit that they use on dish soap and clothes detergent and it strips your skin of natural moisture and it can result in acne. So switch to a sulfate free shampoo thats what i did and i break out a lot less. Also this facial mask works miracles

www.amazon.com/.../B0014P8L9W

just remember to moisturize a lot more

What Guys Said 9

• You have some irritated acne which medications can heal
    Yes i fell in love with girl who had bad acne but she screwed me over
    for some other guy , So don't listen to your mother/ dads bull

• I have seen way worse, this is still acceptable. Albeit I'd find a cosmetician who would get it back in shape if you don't know how.

• Well first off your parents are complete and total jack asses and second no your acne is moderate and it is normal I recommend using stridex pads which are relatively inexpensive and come for different skin types also as a tip cut down on perfumed soaps or make up if you use it also taking hydrogen peroxide wetting a wash cloth and wiping the affected areas at least once before bed should help dry it out tremendously also they have in some stores an acne medication called zapzyt it's moderately priced and can be applied at anytime of day or night

• nope its not that bad, try washing your face with water/anti-bacterial soap... oh and also try aloe vera , let it dry on your face and once it dries wash it off, (you can sleep with it on like a night mask), also try pore cleansing , take hot water (not mildly hot) and wash your face , then use aloe vera and spread it over the affected areas, if this is too much then you can try pro active, talk to your pharmacist and see what he/she says.

• I have similar acne trouble but girls are STILL after me. Don't worry about it, just use the right cream, DON'T TOUCH THEM and be confident. Taking pride in your appearance is a way to strengthen your confidence.
    Don't worry too much about these little red things with stuff in them, it's completely natural, so behave natural.

Good luck.

• Eepiduo and washing my face with Hibiclens did the trick for me.

• try changing your diet; if that doesn't work use proactiv

• It looks kinda bad, but pimples don't make you any more or less attractive.

• yea it looks kind bad, but it can be fixed. Don't let it get you down

What Girls Said 7

• Your parents suck. DON'T SCRATCH/ POP IT, IT WILL SPREAD! I am bias. I don't find guys with acne unattractive because a lot of people go through it. You can't do that much about it. Don't use make-up; that makes it worse; you're just covering up the pores.

If anything.. this is probably a weird trait, I find guys with acne cute because I assume they are nice/ geeky. Lol. That is so sad. They usually carry themselves with low self confidence, which makes my heart melt. Your acne isn't that bad and YES you will obviously find a guy. Acne doesn't last forever. Don't pop them as well, you don't want scars.

• It really doesn't look like a bad or severe case of acne. It's just quite red, so it stands out against your skin.
    I have a mild case of acne and simply use this:

i.walmartimages.com/.../0007874202113_500X500.jpg

I follow the three steps twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, and it's very effective for me. I get it for a good price at Walmart. Only thing about it is you have to make sure you use sunscreen if you go outside. When I forget to use suncreen while using this acne treatment it makes my face turn a shade lighter.

I've tried salicylic acid acne washes before but for me they work a lot slower than peroxide treatments and also significantly dry my skin out.

• i had cystic acne too. ask your doc to prescribe you benzaclin gel 1/5% clindamycin/benzoyl pero. it cleared up my skin in 9 weeks. also wash your face no more and no less than twice daily and be careful what face wash brand you are using.

• Hey my acne is worse than yours and I have an amazing boyfriend who somehow is able to look past it and call me beautiful, so don't let it get you down. I went to my dermatologist and have just started Absorica, so hopefully by springtime my skin will be clear and beautiful :) I recommend you see a dermatologist too if the skin issues are getting you down.
    You're still beautiful either way, dear!

• Yes it looks bad :/ not trying to be rude, but there's ways you can fix it. I wash my face with a baking soda and water paste then apply aloe vera JUICE before bed. This works wonders!!! If you do this, make sure you get aloe vera juice... gel won't work the same.

• Omg what kind of parents say that? It doesn't even look that bad. Wtf

• It is bad, and I know how it feels like to be depressed because of acne. Don't try any homemade medicine, just go to a reliable dermatologist and get a proper treatment for your acne. It'll take time, but it will get better.