How much of a turn off is...

Lots of acne, and caked on makeup (foundation)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. Foundation may seem to cover it up, but everyone can see it, so its just as obvious.

I don't like foundation at all, and neither do my guy friends. And everyone likes nice skin, so lots of acne is a turn off, but some people can stand it.

Make sure to use a face wash, or something like Proactive, everyday. If it's really bad, go to a dermatologist. My best friend had to, and the doc cleared it up. =]

What Guys Said 2

• Well personally I do care about nice skin, so it is a turn off but its even worse if they try to hide it with huge amounts of make up.

• despise it

What Girls Said 4

• I use to have bad acne and cake make-up on my face.

BUT, a lot of people told me that it made it even more obvious that I had acne.

So, less is more, and just be confident with yourself.

Also, make-up tends to make acne progress, so try to go with oil free foundation.

Take care of your skin and over time the acne will decrease. =)

• I totally agree! My sister has gallons of acne, and when she cakes on the makeup, it looks great at first, but as the day goes on, it wears off and it highlights the blemishes.

Plus, the foundation could be making your skin worse.

I went to the dermatologist and my skin is awesome now! Its worth it.

• When my skin breaks out, it tends to just get red spots, not really bumps, so it's a little easier to cover up. But pimples/bumps just do not cover up well with foundation. In fact, they're probably just accentuated, and makeup might even make the acne worse. (As if bad skin wasn't bad enough, right?) And besides that, caked on makeup is just ugly, period. If you have a lot of acne, your best bet is to see a dermatologist. It's definitely worth it!

• It looks really bad, plus the makeup is just going to make it worse.