Do you wear makeup for yourself or to look nice for others?

I hate makeup and never wear it because honestly I could care less what I look like. If someone doesn't like me because I'm dressed like a lazy person then I guess it's their loss.

Do you wear makeup for yourself to feel pretty or do you do it because you think others think that it's nice?

I'm not asking this question to offend anyone or have people judge me. I literally only asked it because I'm so tired of only seeing questions about sex and rating people and I thought that people would enjoy answering something about themselves :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear make up for myself. I need to feel beautiful first when I look at the mirror. The rest comes later.
    Dressing good is about self respect. You don't have to wear super expensive. Just being careful about what you wear.

What Guys Said 3

• Why do you not care how you look?

• What I mean is that I am not going to add things to "enhance" what I look like. Makeup is expensive and it looks bad because certain kinds make me break out and my eyes are different colors so I can't wear certain colors. If people are going to dislike me because of my appearance then that's their loss

• I prefer less makeup.
    Maybe some eyeliner or lip gloss on occasion, just to mix it up.

• Figures a tomboy wouldn't wear makeup... you'll probably grow out of the tomboy phase and eventually put some on. Al from Step By Step, eventually did

• I'm not necessarily a tomboy, thats just the only option on here that kinda fit me xD. I like to look nice sometimes, but makeup is super expensive and I like to spend time on my hair to look nice. Not to mention that my eyes are different colors so eyeshadow and eyeliner look like shit xD and blush makes me break out.

What Girls Said 20

• Both. I love the way I look with makeup. I look flawless and it lets me see what I would look like if life never happened. But I've gotten so used to how I look with it that I'm afraid if what others (and mainly myself) would think if I went without it

• Kind of both to be honest. I don't wear make up often, but if the occasion calls for it, I want to look good.

• I always put on makeup for myself, i ususally go out on staurdays, and thats the only time i will use makeup in a week. Exept if its a birthdayparty or some spesicla occation. Im cute without makeup and if guys decied they dont like me without, than im not intrested in them and its their loss.

• thats now I am, I'll wear it if it is a special occasion, but if it is just a normal day then I don't because makeup shouldn't be the reason someone is attracted to you

• I wear makeup because it makes me feel pretty. It's a dramatic look and I like it. Plus I'm an artist, so enhancing my features to the best of my ability doesn't really feel unnatural to me. It's got nothing to do with attracting men. I just like to feel beautiful.

• I have lots of artist friends so I totally know what you mean because they are the same way :)
      as long as you are doing it for you that's all that matters

• 95% of the time I do my makeup in the "natural' look for myself, I just feel more put together, enhance my features, and look cute. However, I will try to look extra nice for other people if I'm, say, at a job interview, trying to impress a certain person on a certain occasion, at a party, etc. Honestly I feel like going further than that is such a drag and a waste of time, but everyone's got their own priorities.

• Myself. I like looking nice for myself.

• I feel a little unwell if I leave the house without mascara on weekdays and rouge on weekends.
    I think I mostly do it to keep up with other women. I don't want to look like a slob compared to others. Because of that, it's also a little for myself, my self-esteem.

I don't think you solely put on makeup for yourself (to feel good), because if you did, you would also put on makeup when you're home alone and know no one is going to see you (no video chat) that day. I mean, who doesn't want to feel good all the time?

• I prefer to be natural :)

• I've met people who are like you. Yet they usually complain about why guys don't like them or why this other person is prettier than them or why the hottest guy on earth doesn't look at them. (Please be cool and not like that).

I wear makeup either to feel more confident about myself, or sometimes to impress a guy and sometimes cause I just like it. I don't cake my face unless it's a special occasion of some sort.

• like me? lol please explain... I was bored so I came up with a non sexual question that doesn't have to do with rating people that I thought others would enjoy. If a guy would only look at me because of makeup I wouldn't want them to look at me at all. You shouldn't have to impress people. Tbh I wasn't going to comment on any of these opinions at all but assuming shit about me pisses me off.

• when I say lazy I mean no makeup. I dress kinda nice

• I wear makeup for my self I love the way it enhances someone's face I think I look good also without makeup but there are so many different looks you can create with makeup its just fabulous ;-)

• I don't wear makeup.

• For myself and to look more professional.

Dressing up for the job you want can never be a bad thing.

• No way, I hate makeup.

• Both. I have a very low self-confidence, and make-up makes me feel much more presentable. I care quite bit about what others think of me, so I wanna look as good as I can :))

• I wear make up because I feel better with it. I don't care about the others. I just want to look in the mirror and feel kinda nice :)

• i feel ya girl i hate makeup too i believe in natural beauty

• Both, but more so just for myself. Everyone in my family wears makeup, and I'm super girly so it is natural for me to like it. I wear it because, yes, it does make me feel more confident, but also because I love applying it. There are some days when I am so busy that I barely have time to even think, but for those couple minutes a day when I am sitting down putting on my makeup, I am relaxing and having some "me time." Sometimes I wear a lot or bright colors, but if I'm going on a date or to something professional, I wear a more neutral look.

Of course there are times when it really is appropriate to wear makeup, and sometimes it's not appropriate to wear tons; but on a daily basis, do what makes you comfortable! There are people who hate when girls wear makeup and there are people who think all girls should wear makeup. Just like you said, if they don't like it, it's their loss!!! :)

• I wear it to feel more confident.

• I also don't wear makeup.

• Both. Sometimes I use it as a confidence boost and to feel good about myself.