Black girls, how do you usually wear your hair? Do guys of other races have problems with certain styles?

Are you natural, relaxed, straightened, weave, etc?
Do you wear it in certain styles more often than others - if so, which ones?
Do you think guys of other races are bothered by hair extensions, weaves, wigs, etc?

I want guys to answer too obviously. Pics help by the way :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the guy. Some really hate fake hair, while others don't care either way. Either of those is preferable to like, a white guy who prefers you to wear a weave. That would rub me the wrong way I don't know lol
    How well done your hair is, how it looks, how you take care of it (don't have hair that smells bad, for example) is probably going to matter way more. However, many people (including myself) have noted that guys other races (specifically white guys, in my experience) like the natural hair look. Obviously many don't as well, so don't be shocked if the white guy in your class hates your afro. You'll get over it.

I wear my hair out "natural" - for those who don't know that just means I don't use chemicals to straighten or change the texture of my hair. And as I said, I rarely straighten it with heat. (Babying my hair, want it longer) Just my afro hair, I'm about 4a. I wear my hair out or in buns usually. its about boob length, but we all know natural hair can shrink like crazy so it looks about shoulder length most of the time. Plus its in layers, so not all one length - looks shorter. I really want the Marley/Havana twists (twist braids with hair extensions) that are popular lately.

depending on how I style it/what day it is, my hair looks like this:
    media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...4a85df680fb1.jpg

One of my main buns look like this:
    media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...4d7f775150cb.jpg

The twists (with fake hair/extenstions) I want so badly:
    www.blackhairinformation.com/.../...ts-333x600.jpg

What Guys Said 2

• I prefer straightened hair. Like, I REALLY prefer straightened hair. Fake hair (weaves, wigs etc.) is unattractive to me... and so is curly hair for the most part.

• I'm a white guy who has dated and is attracted to black chicks. (Among other races too)

I love the straightened hair look. I also like the bushy ponytail, or tight braids.

I don't like fake hair on people, wigs, extensions, etc.

What Girls Said 5

• I have locs.

I haven't met a guy who dislikes my hair, yet. Still got time, though lol.

The majority of guys in my new class have used my hair as a reason to talk to me. They've all been complimentary. Before my locs, I had an amazing Afro.

Each to their own, but I can't see myself with straight hair, nowadays. It's just odd looking and doesn't suit my face.

• Around the summer time I would wear my hair in braids/twists because I don't want to be bothered with it.
    But normally I would have it relaxed and it's a little longer than shoulder length but soon I am going to go natural curly waves.
    I actually can't wear extensions because my mom doesn't want me to be a weave junkie :p

• Will i am a jamaican female and i have relaxed hair it is not long i have a cut that is a little longer than a pixie its not cut into a certain style because i like to be able to different styles sometimes i curl it wrap it lately i put scrul in it and wear with the tiny curls or the wet and wavey or natural look i like to have options however i never wore flase hair i never liked it my husband dosent like it either to me it takes away your natural beauty especailly when its not kept up right

• I have long natural hair now. I do a lot of Bantu knot outs, buns, in the summer I braid it, etc. I used to rock weaves and crochet braids a lot, but I'm not a fan of the straight hair look anymore. I've always dates interracially and all my boyfriends have loved my hair at every style. It seems to me that black men care more about hair authenticity than any other race of men.

• Currently rocking a small afro.