Painting your toenails?

My wife refuses to paint her toenails. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!! I grew up in Texas where women did that automatically. She grew up in Sweden and I don't care what they do over there. I think not doing your toes makes you look manly and unkept. I have tried everything to convince her and all it does is makes us fight. How can I convince her? Thanks!

So what if I started wearing makeup and dressing like a woman? Sometimes after 2 people get married one stops taking care of themselves.
So what should she do if I started wearing makeup and acting like a female? She wouldn't like that at all. Just because you get married doesn't mean you have to stop taking care of your self. This is how men start to have a "wondering" eye.

Most Helpful Girl

• pay for her to get weekly pedicures

What Girls Said 19

• I am not sure whether this question is serious or not...
    Then again, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I will try to answer it in a serious way.
    You cannot convince her to paint her toenails. That's absurd! Women were not meant to have their nails painted. If she doesn't want to paint her nails, let her be. by the way why does it bother you THAT much? Are you a foot-fetishist or something?

• I got your point , it's not only about " painting her toenails " it's about taking care of herself , it makes you feel that she let herself go , because I know there are some women who stop taking care of themselves once they got married ! I don't know why, I've never wore make up or look good only for men sake , it's for myself , anyway i ranted.. I think you can pay her to get pedicures :D or what about helping her painting them? :D

• y does it bother u so much? one would assume you are looking at her face more than her feet? really nothing to fuss over here.

• You can't make her do anything she doesn't want to do. If women were meant to have colored nails we'd be born with them.

• If she doesn't want to paint her nails, she doesn't have to. You can't force her to do it. Also, how does not painting nails make a woman "manly"? WTF. If it was feminine to have coloured nails then we would be born that way.

• You should surprise her with a day at the spa with one of her girlfriends. You don't have to spend that much money, it could just be a package for a manicure/pedicure (painted groomed toes)/foot massage/hand massage.
    Tell her you love her and want her to have a relaxing day because you think she deserves it.
    When going into the nail salon to buy her spa package, tell the women who work there about your wife that is coming in and to try to convince her to get her toes painted. They'll for sure convince her to try it, nail ladies are SUPER nice and fun to talk to for us women.
    And if it doesn't work, they always put on a clear protection coat anyway so it'll be painted... just not color.

Depending on where you live, cheap mani-pedis are like $30.
    She'll love it and so will you.

BE SURE TO BE NICE AND LOVING. I cannot stress this enough. You want your wife to look beautiful and sexy, but you also WANT her to FEEL beautiful and sexy. Be nice and flirt with her after she gets her nails done too. Talk about how hot and YOUNG they make her look.

Good luck!

• You can't make her do anything she doesn't want to do. Period. You need to respect her and her culture and let her do what she wants with her body. If that's the one thing you hate about her, you'll just have to deal with it.

• The one compromise I can come up with is for her to paint her toenails a natural color. Maybe then you'll both be satisfied?

• @bettybets Like light pink or something, huh?

• Yes. And to your updates, not painting her toenails doesn't equal the fact that she'll let herself go. If she's never painted her toenails then that has nothing to do with her keeping herself up.

• i'd do it. it's a small sacrifice.

• You can't make her do something that she doesn't want to do...

• I wouldn't say manly... But I dont like it when girls were sandals and don't paint their toes the point is to show off your toes and be comfy they could at least make them look pretty.. Maybe give her pedis from a spa? If she doesn't want to change something it's a lost cause..

• I like how a lot of men have claimed to be tired of their wives or girlfriends spending money at the nail salon for this type of stuff. So I take it in Texas, it's a cultural expectation the way it would be for a woman to keep their skin pale in Japan... anyhow, I guess what y'all are going through at the moment is some culture shock. Perhaps the both of you might want to take some time to wrap your heads around each others' sociological reasonings behind the idiosyncrasies of your culture.

• So she just doesn't paint them? Or she doesn't clip them and paint them? Cause Im confused on how its unattractive if she doesn't paint them?

Also have you asked her if you could paint them for her or do them for her how you like them?

• I have asked her to do them and even offered to pay for pedicures every month forever. I don't understand why she won't do a little thing like that that means a lot to me. Sometimes I think she does it on purpose. What do you think?

• she used to do them before. she slowly stopped over the years

• Oooooh Okay... You just made it seem like she never did them. Like she has never done it. Lol. But I mean it gets boring lg lol.. If she doesn't wanna do it then I guess she doesn't wanna do it. Dealing with hassle of it.

• Why would you make her paint her toenails? It's so ugly, natural is way better. She probably wears shoes most the time anyway, why is that even an issue. You are being ridiculus. Paint your own toenails if it matters so much to you!

• Did she paint her nails before?

It sounds like you WANT to dress up like a woman.

• Nothing unusual going on I very rarely paint mine. Most of my friends are the same.

• Toe nails are a pain in the ass to paint. I do mine cuz I have too much time on my hands but I see why most don't

• Then why do you see most women wearing sandals doing their nails? I think not doing them makes a girl look manly

• Painting toenails is ugly, I dont like it too.

• wow! i am a teenager and looking at this problem made me laugh so hard! this is her body, and she might be disgusted from the nailpolish because this is how i feel. i hate it and the smell of it makes me wanna throw up and i hate to have it stick on my toes. if a young girl like me would fight viciously against her sister to not paint her nails then of course she'd fight viciously as well. let her be, it's her body and you have nothing to do with it. if she hates it then you can't force her.

• Every woman likes something different, I dont paint my toenails unless it summer as I know I'm wearing sandals alot. Maybe try telling her what you think of not having painted toenails.

What Guys Said 0