LADIES: what is your honest to God opinion of balding guys (don't worry about be politically correct or nice)?

Just a FYI I'm NOT bald. However my hair is thinning in front of my scalp (crown area is still fine). It started when I was 28, I'm now 33. I'm taking propecia, monoxidil and special shampoo to thicken my hair. When my hair is dry and combed right the thinning spot is not noticeable at all. I also find that bleaching/highlighting my hair makes the thinning spot much less noticeable.

However when I'm sweating or if my hair gets wet is does show up sometimes (I'm real self conscious about this).

My little brother (4 years my junior) has unfortunately got the baldness gene much worse than I. He's losing lots of his hair and is considering shaving his whole head.

• I like it
  • I'm indifferent
  • Slight turnoff
  • Really big turnoff

Most Helpful Girl

• Be careful with hair thickening products. My brother was taking Rogaine for his thinning hair, but had to stop because it gave him a chemical imbalance that caused him depression. He decided to just start shaving his head bald and he's happy now.

I don't mind bald guys all that much. I actually used to have a crush on George Costanza in Seinfeld, but that's mainly because I found him extremely funny and I have a soft spot for funny guys. Plus, Jason Statham is living proof that a bald guy can still be attractive. Granted, he shaves his head most of the time or has it cut really short, but you can tell the dude is balding.

I do however, find combovers really really sad and unattractive.

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

• Nice meme there... lol. Nah my "combo over" is nothing like that.

What Girls Said 8

• In indifferent or find it hot. Depending on the guy.
    I actually do not like when a guy tries hiding it. If it's really thin and parts already gone then just shave head and own it. Some bald guys look like badasses to me. HOT!

• It only looks bad if they don't except their baldness and try to go the comb over route for way too long.

• Honest to God opinion is that i'm indifferent to it. It doesn't bother me at all. Look at Prince William. lol
    Its just hair, guys don't have their hair forever or it gets grey or something - same with girls. Its the cycle of aging. Not a big deal.

• to be honest a bit of thinning isn't that bad but obvious bald spots are a big turn off for me. technology is advancing, don't worry

• I've never liked bald guys so a guy who is balding would be a turn off

• Shave it off and its all good. I really don't care.

• Depends on his age and how he looks... some guys really pull being bald off, some no

• Bald people scare me. So yeah.

What Guys Said 1

• Girls do not care about balding guys at all. I know many guys at my school who are balding and they still get lots of girls. But i still make fun of their hairlines.