How long will it take for my hair to grow back?

Yesterday, I had to get three inches cut off because my hair was breaking off and very damaged. It used to be shoulder length, now it's so short that it practically sticks up on my head. I hate it. So bad. I feel like crying because I can't do anything with it- that's how short it is.
And I most certainly won't be wearing it out, so I'm going to wear a bonnet every time I go out so people won't laugh at how horrible it looks.

I'm never getting it cut again!!

My hair was very coarse, so I had to straighten it almost everyday because it would be puffy.
So annoying -_-

Most Helpful Girl

• Stay away from heat! Whether it be straighteners or hairdryer, you need to keep your distance. We don't want your hair to re-grow all damaged so you'd have to cut it again! That would be a real pity and inconvenience. In terms of hair growth, it all depends on your genes. Personally, my hair crows three to four inches in three months, which is a rapid rate. But for you, it might be slower. Don't wear a bonnet every time you go out! Go and get extensions. I know they can be expensive but truly, it'll be a great investment for you considering your situation. When you go out, you can wear your extensions so it'll look pleasing and you won't feel like crying every time you look at yourself in the mirror. While you're at home, you need to make sure that you treat your hair! Coconut oil does wonders and castor oil is just as great at facilitating hair growth. You can use both oils as a hair treatment and the longer you keep them on your hair, the better! Whenever you have a day off, put one of the oils on your hair and let it soak in overnight and if you can, you can even only wash it off the next evening. It really helps!

• If I could buy hair extensions I would. There's no way I can afford them, especially since I don't work.
      It won't lay down unless it's straight. I don't want to be in public with my hair sticking up, looking like I got electrocuted.

• I hope so too! Thanks for MH x

• You're welcome!!

What Guys Said 4

• You can speed up your hair growth to its max by consuming enough protein and getting all your vitamins.

• I can buy some supplements :) Just have to figure out a way to wear it in the meantime.

• You will and you'll see better thicker results if you also get enough protein and vitamins. Your hair is made of a protein called Keratin. Your body can make Keratin from the proteins that you eat from meat, cheese, etc... Los of girls who want their hair to grow fast always ignore eating enough protein. The eyes just load themselves up on with carbs. Here's an idea of how much protein you could te eating in a day.

I'll use my weight for this example.
      I weight 236lbs. That's about 107kg.
      1g of protein for every 1kg, this is the ratio you se use if you have an active lifestyle.

But if you rarely workout and don't do much with your muscles, then use this ratio. 0.8g of protein for 1kg.

So if I'm working out and growing my hair, I'd try to eat 107g of protein a day.
      If I'm a lazy, inactive, couch potato then I'd aim for 80g of protein a day. You will have to use your own weight to figure out what you need. It's probably much less than mines lol.

• Oh and in case those numbers seem terrifying, have no fear lol.
      1 wing of chicken has 11g of protein on average.
      1 tablespoon of peanut butter has 8g of protein.
      So meeting the daily mark won't be too hard lol.

• I know that feeling. It will take quite sometime to grow back especially if its till shoulder length !!

• slightly more than 1cm/month.

• That must suck, short hair on women is very unattractive.

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on how well you take care of it. You need to focus on taking care of your hair naturally instead of trying to force it to be something it's not, a. k. a. straight. I understand puffiness and frizz (oh gawd I do so), my hair is extremely thick (as in, it expands much larger than the size of my head) with super tight, small curls. It's a hassle. But the struggle is figuring out how to take care of it and what hairstyles it complies best with. Once you've got that down, taking care of your hair will be 5,000 times easier because you'll know what to do with it even on bad hair days.

If you have curly or wavy hair, check out NaturallyCurly. com to easily figure out stuff like what your hair's curl/wave pattern, density, and texture, and from there you can decide on what would be proper hair care for you, such as how often you should be washing your hair, what products you should be washing it with, what styling products would work best with your hair, etc.

I used to keep my hair straight, it stayed armpit length for my entire life, never grew past that point. Then I made the GIGANTIC mistake of getting it relaxed and it all fell out to my collarbone :/ Ever since, I've never again put a chemical in my head and I only straighten it a few times a year. My hair has grown longer than ever before and is still growing because I'm actually caring for it now.

With your short hair, you may want to try using little perm rods or if it's long enough do a twist or braid out. That will give you an actual style so you can feel comfortable without a hat on. Check out Google and Pinterest for ideas for your hair length and type. Take as good care of your hair as you can and trust me it will grow much quicker. It's all about retaining length, as all hair grows, but if it's constantly breaking off or being burnt off then you're not going to see any length.

• What do you call the hair that shrinks and curls when it's wet?

• Well, that can be curly, or that can be kinky. All kinky hair is curly, but not all curly hair is kinky.
      This brief article quickly and simply explains the difference between kinky and curly hair: www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/.../...ifference.html

Both curly and kinky hair are prone to shrinkage, although kinky hair is prone to a notably larger amount of it than curly hair. My hair is bra strap length when straightened, but when worn in its natural state shrinks up to my shoulders. Different styling techniques can be used to combat shrinkage. Banding is a simple and effective way to stretch out hair, but I'm not a fan of the result it gives. Twist outs, braid outs, and bantu knot outs are definitely my forte. They stretch out my hair AND also give me defined curls (whereas all banding does is stretch it).

• Hair grows 1.5 inches per month. I would say approximately two months.

• Great. Just great!! Looks like I'll be wearing a bonnet for two months.

• Are you from Chernobyl? Hair grows like 0.5 inches/month.

• I put the one in by accident and then when estimating I had 1.5 in my head -_- bimbo moment.

• Don't be so focused on what people are going to say. Who cares lol. I'm sure you look just as beautiful as before :) If you take care of your hair you should see growth withing a few months.

• But I go to college and people will probably be questioning me all day. And some people are mean!
      I literally can't do anything with it. No ponytails or anything.

• Oh stawp o:) tehe You're welcome!

• Probably 3 or 4 weeks. You can get a hair skins and nails vitamin. That helps too.

• Yeah I'm going to buy some today or tomorrow. I just don't know what to do in the meantime :(

• Yeah I am black. Hopefully it's long enough for one.

• Probably is. Just like... braid it to the scalp then take it out in the morning and that lasts all day. Sometimes 2 days if you're easy on it.

• Always get your hair cut at least once in 5 months, or else it will be damaged again and break again, and you have to cut it really short again.
    Once I got a pixie hairstyle, and it took me about 2 years, and now it reaches right under my shoulders.

• Use some horse shampoo. I used Mane n Tail herbal growth I think its called and my hairs grown from just below my clavicle to almost the level of my boobs in a year and a bit.

• itll take at least 2 months most likely. everyones hair is different, but if you take really good care of it, and brush it at least once a day when it's dry, it'll grow quick. this stimulates the hair follicles. you can even buy product to help it grow quicker. try googling some ways to grow hair quickly. i know there's definitely some. good luck, and sorry about your hair ;( im sure it looks okay though

• Thanks!! It looks horrible. It's short, stiff, and boooooooooring.

• Yeah because my hair is very coarse and puffy so it's like how else could I have worn it without straightening it.
      When I was in elementary school my hair was to my rib cage.

• my only advice is to rock it. make it unique, and make it your own. be a trendsetter haahh dont worry too much about your hair. it isn't the end of the world :-)