What's up with the general hatred of fedoras?

I've been wondering this for a while now. Seems like fedoras have been getting hate from both the media and the internet. Am I the only person that loves them?

I have a friend who always wears fedoras and he looks great in them to me (he does dress pretty classy, though, which goes along well with the hat). But I think a fedora overall is a very classy hat. What's up with the hate?

What Guys Said 8

• The fedora has been pinned to the Internet Crusader stereotype and has got a lot of hate as a side affect. It doesn't help that most of these types happen to be both douchy assholes and very very loud.

The hat can be pulled off with the right styling however, though this is very hard and requires a very good look.

• Very few people can pull it off, some can though!

• Same as the general hatred of swastikas. It's something innocuous that has been hijacked and corrupted by despicable people.

• after Indiana Jones wore it, only dorks wear them.

• It's an anti hipster reflex to automatically hate fedoras by default.

• The hat is weak and over worn

• Fedoras look awesome !!

• Because guys who wear them instantly think they become executives pussy slayers as soon as they put one on. They also believe that other men are subordinate to them since they aren't "gentlemen" by wearing one.

• What about girls that wear them?

• They're screwing around, obviously. No woman ACTUALLY wears a fedora. When's the last one you've seen one?

• I've seen women in fedoras when out and about, a lot of them wear really casual clothes with it though so it doesn't look good.

What Girls Said 2