Studded red leather jacket in university?

I really like this leather jacket and I want to buy it. My style is edgy. I currently don't have any leather jackets, so I'd like to wear it when I go out but also in the university. I mean, I want it as a basic piece, to wear it a lot, not as a statement piece. I'm sure I'll stand out but I don't have a problem with it. I like to look unique but I don't want people to mock me. So do you think it's too much for university? What would be your reaction if you saw someone wearing it to the university? should I buy this or something less striking? I want it as a basic piece and my budget allows me to buy only one.

www.thooo.com/2012img/piyi/women/W-00001/RED/1.jpg

Well, I decided I'll buy a more simple jacket than this one right now. I love it, but it's too good to wear it everyday. I'll save some money and I'll buy it eventually to wear it on special occasions or when I go out. Thanks for your time!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like PhiOmega's answer. If you like it, if it suits you and you can pull it off: go for it.
    I bet, if people would mock you, later they'd think (or at least they should): "at least she has the guts and confidence to wear whatever she likes".

What Guys Said 8

• when you can pull something off, you can get away with wearing a lot, I'd say go for it, me, i like uniqueness, i wouldn't mock you, even if you can't wear it too the university I'd say it's worth it for when u go out, but yea, some people may judge you

• Like everyone else lol it's too much. For everyday use it would kill the edginess and exoticness of it. Soon enough people will say "there she goes again with that leather jacket". If you don't care what people say then wear it. If people are what matter to you then don't wear it because those college kids will definitely get their attentions caught. Here were I live, college kids don't wear any of that stuff. It's just shirt and shorts. Besides, it's just college! XD wear it for special events.

• If that's your look go for it lol I own only one leather jacket and its a WWII style aviators jacket brown leather with dark brown almost black fur around the collar and wrists.

• It's my style, but I'm not sure if it's ok wearing it to the university. Your jacket sounds nice.

• Ya it's simple and everyday.

• Wow, this is something Kelly Bundy would wear, not sure if she had the studded version, i think she had without studs.

If this or similar is available without the studs, in my opinion they would be a better choice (they look better i think).

Don't get me wrong i like it with studs too, but for university and everyday use studs might be too much.

• There is no way to not make this a statement piece. But I say if you like it don't worry about what everyone else thinks and go for it!

• Thriller's little brother, eh? I personally wouldn't. I like the jacket, but in that sort of context I prefer what looks awesome, but you weren't "trying" to look awesome.

• No dear no. Its difficult to hug you !!

• hahahaha sorry but can't help but laugh starting laughing before I saw the pic too

What Girls Said 6

• its a bit much, it just screams micheal jackson thriller. if it was a darker red shade or a purple or a teal it would be fine

• lol I didn't realise that Michael Jackson was wearing one like that!

• Why not? :D Just don' fall on someone and you will be good :) It's a nice jacket.

• It's a bit tacky looking

• who cares what people think? just wear what you want :)

• This jacket is PERFECT!!! I love studs I wear spikes all the time :) my style is edgy and punk :)

• I wouldn't wear to university.. I think it's too much... but I would wear it elsewhere