Do you buy new shoes at least once a year?

I have had the same shoes for 5 years and I don't care I don't get how some people are obsessed with shoes it makes no sense who cares they're just shoes.

Most Helpful Girl

• You haven't bought ANY new shoes in 5 years? Or you have one or a couple pairs of shoes from 5 years?

I definitely buy new shoes once a year, but I also have shoes that I've had for several years. I usually give my clothes/shoes to goodwill or some charity once a year anyway. Either you take impeccable care of your shoes or you don't care about how they look. I like fashion so I like my shoes to look good and after 5 years, different styles may come out that I like. New styles come in and out every year. Also, for jobs and internships I don't want to wear the same shoes for 5 years. I want them looking crisp and really good. I want them to wear well and be comfortable.

Either you have no professional life, and you don't care how you look. OR you are very careful with your shoes and take extremely good care of them. My mom buys new shoes but she has many that she has had over many years and they still look new. She stores them away carefully and takes way better care of her things than I do. I don't even neglect mine much, so I mean she takes REALLY good care of them.

• I haven't bought a new pair of shoes in 5 years and I only have that shoe its in good condition and I don't even clean it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had my main sneakers for like 8 years. They still look fine and feel better than ever. I buy new shoes every few years. Mine last long.

What Girls Said 7

• I only buy new ones when my ones are falling apart. Literally.

• Your lucky. My shoes usually get worn out after 8 months and then I have to replace them within 1 school year.

• WHAT! more than that lmao.

i buy shoes in clusters. Like... in May, I bought 4 pairs of flats. I'll probably buy 2 pairs of boots in a month or two. I try to get things on sale.

• Its a waste of money though

• It is your money you can spend it on whatever you want.

• This is what I hate about females and shoes, they can buy whatever they want as long as it looks good and other girls compliment them, but most guys have to buy brand names to not stand out from other guys. :c

• yes I do!!!

• Well I can't wear sneakers for every outfit!

• your lucky i buy shoes about once a month... and i wouldn't consider myself shoe obsessed.. i just like variety

• umm.. please buy some new shoes. like seriously, not trying to be rude but, it's going to hurt your dating life like the other guy said.

What Guys Said 3

• Are you talking about ratty sneakers, or well-maintained polished dress shoes?

My shoes I tend to own for several years, but that's because I usually buy shoes which cost a bare minimum of $300, that I polish and maintain and occasionally have resoled by a cobbler--a pair of shoes like that you can have 10, 20 years (which in the long run, is significantly cheaper than buying a new pair every year, and looks a ton better too).

If it's poorly made, synthetic-fiber sneakers that you've had for five years---you're being a cheap bastard and very, very likely hurting your dating life.

• My work shoes, i buy knew ones occasionally, some years its been more than one pair, but none in a couple years, though resoling.

casual shoes, less, but i don't wear them all that much, or care about them.

• I buy shoes every year because new designs come in the market and I need to try them how comfortable they are and why u not brought any in the last 5 years?

• Its still in good condition and its a waste of money I don't give a crap about shoes.