I've been wrestling with the idea of getting an ear piercing or two for awhile now. Do ear piercings look "hot" on a white dude or just douchey?

Im 23 years old from Hawaii.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys can pull it off. It's not necessarily hot though, not to me anyway. But only get one ear pierced. Two is just.. no XD.
    But fuck what people say, it's your looks. If you like ear piercings, you should get them. There are tons of girls who find them super attractive, if that's your concern :)

• Is the one-ear thing back now? That's what was cool when I was in junior high in the early 90s, but you had to be careful... left ear = straight, right ear = straight. Then by the late 90s all the prettyboy gangstas were doing the two diamonds (cubic zirconias, haha), one in each ear, and you looked like a jackass with just one.

A word of advice: don't throw your clothes away, they'll be back in style in ten years :-P

• @WhiteSteve

Well I think one is okay, not particularly attractive, but I really dislike two on a guy.. The one ear = gay thing is ridiculous in my opinion :D

• Haha, definitely ridiculous. But in the early 90s it was a big identifier that was observed by both factions. The world is changing too fast for this old man to keep up with :-P

What Girls Said 6

• I can visualize that on you and I wouldn't say they'd look "bad".

Just not a fan. I'd say don't do it.

• I find ear piercings on a guy super attractive as long as they're just studs and not gauges or hoops. I think having one or both ears pierced would look great on you!

• I think a stud is fine. But personally I don't like pierced guys. :)

• Can you post an example picture of how you want it to look on you?

• I like then :)

• i find it douchey to be honest

What Guys Said 2

• It kind of depends on your personal style. I'm a no tats, no piercings kind of guy. I don't have any fascination with it at all, and it almost seems kind of cliche nowadays. But it can work on the skater type dudes, or if you do the "white boy thug" look, a la Justin Bieber. Personally, it kind of looks "try-hard" in my opinion, but you're probably not looking to impress me anyway, haha. I'd avoid gauges, those are a lifelong disfigurement.

• Well I can't say they look "hot" because I'm a guy, but I think they look stupid. Honestly, if you have to "wrestle" with any idea about anything, then you must not want it that bad.