Question on diamonds:ladies what's important?

I'm buying an engagement ring, and I want the ladies opinon... first off, what is your ideal ring? Would you rather want a slightly smaller yet more sparkling and clear ring such as the leo diamond, or is size more important? Also, how much would you prefer your boyfriend to spend on your engagement ring?

The ring that Im looking at is a 5/8 carat 3 stone leo diamond on a white gold band. Ladies! Help!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll be honest I want a big stone. My guy makes good money and I've seen all the rings his friends girls have and all the other military guys girls around us and they are all a carat or more.
    But I also love antiques. I've seen some beautiful are deco rings with over a carat diamonds and under 15,000. Which he could afford.
    Also I'm not a fan of the Leo diamond. I prefer asscher, or radiant cut in a solitaire. And round cut if it's a three stone ring.
    They say you're suppose to spend at least 3 months pay on a ring. So for my guy it would be about $12.000
    But if he did payments and used his bonus then he could afford a bit more.

I want something I could be proud of and show off and something I can pass down.
    I would much rather get a simple plain band ring and save up for a few years to get something bigger. I know people do that anyway, upgrades. But I want something I won't want to upgrade on. Besides you get a bigger diamond for less if you go antique. It might not be as shiny as they cut diamonds differently in different eras. But as long as it's not visibly included, I dont mind

What Girls Said 8

• The key to an engagement ring is to keep everything really simple. I got my ideal diamond which is a princess cut on the smaller side (I think it's just under 1/2 carat). If you know what kind of diamond shape she would like, the style of the setting, and the metal of the band, you've got the most important stuff already. Quality over quantity is important to remember as well.

Don't spend more than you can comfortably afford. Set a budget and don't go over it. Get a payment plan if you can, then you can stretch your budget a bit if you want to. She probably does not want you to spend too much on a ring. I know I didn't want my fiance to break his meager bank account on a ring, and he didn't.

• I'm a jeweler actually and I can tell you that it really comes down to the individual woman's preference. Most woman do like something a little more sizeable and there are designs that can help make a smaller stone (s) look bigger. Also, you should take into consideration the size of her fingers, lifestyle, and such.

The leo diamond is a more faceted cut therefore it omits more sparkle and brilliance. The mark-up on such a diamond is over 200%. Feel free to contact me privately if you'd like more help and some better options? I'd be happy to help you :)

The leo is a bit of a waste, I can point you in a better direction.

• I'd pick sparkly over a bigger diamond. But in the end, it comes down to each women's preference.

• A classic diamond ring looks best! As long as the diamond is medium size, it probably looks great. As much as he can afford to.

• Personally I'm really not big into jewelry and like to keep it simple when I wear it occasionally. So it really depends on the girls style and taste.

• Idk, I've never really thought about it or really cared. It definitely depends on the girl. Find out what she likes. Ask one of her friends or a family member.

• I don't trust any of them to ask lol, and I wanna keep it a surprise that she doesn't see coming.

• Personally I am a sapphire girl. Love the white gold though. Price doesn't matter. How is the diamond set?

• Depends on what kind of woman she is! I do not wear jewelry ever, so I would prefer something simple and not too flashy, but still beautiful. There are some women who love to dress nice and wear jewelry for any occasion. Those women might prefer something extravagant, something they can show off to their girlfriends (not "show-off" in a selfish way). Personally, I wouldn't have any expectations of how much he spent on the ring. I think ultimately, the perfect ring for your girl is one that you believe portrays her personality and portrays your love for her! When you look at it, do you know it's meant to be hers? And do you get overwhelmed with joy just to picture her wearing it? Those are little things I would take into account. I may not be much help to you. However, wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors! :)

• Thanks... I do want to feel that way but more importantly I want her to fall in love with it, while keeping a surprise she doesn't see coming. Ugh lol

• If she's in love with you, she'll be in love with the ring. :)

What Guys Said 0