Anime lovers out there! Do you ever wear any anime related clothing in public?

Hey there, anime lover here :3 I watch not just the stuff that comes on Toonami but have watched many other animes online. If I saw a cool anime shirt, hoodie, etc. I'm not too sure if I would get it or not. I usually don't care what people have to say about my fashion sense, my style is pretty diverse so wearing something anime related wouldn't be a big deal to me. I don't think its any different than wearing a shirt with your favorite band on it. But some people are just sooo judgmental when it comes to anime. But at the same time, I feel like most people wouldn't even know it's anime unless it's super anime-y (yes I know that's not a word). Like say if I wore a shirt with just the Attack on Titan survey corps logo on it. I don't think most people would know what it was unless they were fellow anime watchers themselves, you know? Do you anime lovers wear any thing anime related out in public?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know some who do. It's a mix of embarrassment, disgust, and envy for me haha.

I don't like to be recognised as an otaku. But i am familiar with far more anime than the average guy. Though I'm still casual compared to the hardcore fans.

Plus i can't find any good anime shirts that are discrete. Most of them feature girls from harem shows (i don't watch that) or are too obvious with the characters (giant picture of chopper or luffy urgh). I saw one cool shirt that had Psychopass's dominator gun printed. But it also printed the word Dominator, which is suspiciously like I'm a Dominatrix? Lol. Anyway, extremely hard to find anime shirts, and they don't exactly let you try it on. Cause i also have difficulty finding sizes for normal shirts, I have wide shoulders and not very tall.

• Haha yeah my little sister is also an anime lover and she's a freshman in high school and she wears shirts with the Hetalia characters on it, and a Blue Exorcist shirt with Rin's face on it, and a Black Butler shirt with Sebastian's face on it. But I feel like it's different because she's younger. I think people would make a big deal if somebody like me at university wore it >.<

• Lol yeah. It feels like you'd be judged like you're wearing one of those children's cartoon tees. Or wearing something pervertic/fanboyish.

It needs to be something tasteful. And sophisticated. ;)

• I often like to get shirts off of https://www.qwertee.com/ many times they aren't as obvious or generic.

What Guys Said 9

• Absolutely no cosplaying is okay. I cosplay.

However in public, without a reason... I don't know, Personally i think enjoy it ought to be restricted a little more? I am talking about this really is to the individual but playing around within bright-orange jacket by itself is simply... tacky, rofl. Like I have mentioned, I wear areas of cosplays in public areas with no one truly notices anything simply because they don't stand out just like a sore thumb.
    But If I do I will be like Erza Scarlet :P
    www.animerelief.com/watch-anime/fairy-tail-2014/
    Check out!

• Got a few T shirts and I wear them all the time.

• It's not anime related but me and a friend were messing around with some kunai and I forgot I still had one on my person until I got to a restaurant, waitress freaked out lol

• i had some t-shirts in the past... still have them XD

• i only wear pokemon shirts and my little pony but that's not an anime i would wear more anime clothing but i don't got the funds sadly...

• hell no fam

• naruto headband sometimes.

• I cosplay from time to time

• I never have, but i want to. I'm trying to get a kill la kill sweater that i can wear for the winter. In high-school i would've been embarassed for people to know i like anime. But you know how they always said "Nerds will be your boss when you grow up." Well, that separation happens immediately after highschool.

What Girls Said 5

• girl everyone knows of attack on titans... if they dont i school them. i have wore cosplay of maid, school girls, fierce characters and stuff... if people dont know than they dont... all you can do is inform them when they ask... but those who does know can become friends through mutual interest. it happened to me many times.

• I guess you could say I'm a "closeted" anime fan because most people don't know I'm into it XD so no I don't wear any in public or at all but when I do see someone wearing something anime related I'm like "MY PEOPLE" in my head. For example: today I saw a girl wearing a Black Butler shirt and I wanted to hug her 😂

• Yes, i do. I have a few shirts I sometimes wear, one of which I got a compliment on today actually. I have an anime wallet and coin purse, as well.

• i think you can pull it off without looking like a weaboo, to an extent. it requires a certain degree of self-awareness and confidence. usually older anime that could be considered "retro" can be worn with no problem, since it's hip and cool and ironic or whatever. wearing current anime shirts requires more thought + accessorizing, but also college students tend to not really give a shit so wear what you want tbh

• Yeah... i wear anime styled coats and hats similar to the anime "amnesia"