What is the first step to getting into the photography and modelling world?

I always thought I should move to NYC for this but does anyone else have any useful input?

Most Helpful Girl

• it will not be easy if you decide to go through with it. The number one thing to remember is that it's a cold, cruel place and if you don't make the cut, they will not put in a nice, beat-around-bush way. A teacher I had in high had at one time wanted to do acting (she's a fashion teacher, now) and they told her bluntly, the she wasn't pretty enough, wasn't thin enough and wasn't tall enough and was too old (early twenties). Granted, she did something crazy and went into the studio behind the agency's back and got the part for an insurance commercial (success!). but thats acting. Modeling is a LOT harsher. You are expected to hold specific physique every day. It also depends on what kind of modeling. Runway? Fashion catalogs? or for makeup advertisements? It depends. Photography you just to need to go to school to get certified. Easy. If you really want to do modeling, take pictures of yourself (no makeup they need to see you "naked") full body, headshots, etc. and be very persistent, sometimes annoying them works. I hope this helps at least a little bit...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Send your pictures to a modelling agency.

• Send a couple of pictures to a modelling agency or contact a modelling scout agent.