Who Thinks I Should Go EMO & Who Thinks I Shouldn't?

I knew people who are EMO. I don't want to be EMO but then I do. My friend said that she likes me style but she is not sure about me going EMO. People say EMO girls are a turn off but how are they? People also say EMO people are UGLY and guys look hotter which EMO guys are damn sexy including in skinny XD but I am not sure so who thinks it will be ok and who thinks that is it a no way matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, it sounds to me like you're trying to become something that you're not. You're asking if you should "go EMO", so it seems like you want to change who you actually are by fitting into what's popular at the moment. First of all, dressing like an emo won't make you an emo - it will make you a poser. Just be who you are and wear what you want. Don't try to fit into new trends and change yourself, because you'll just have to change it again in 2 months when the next fad comes. Your style is your sense of self. Don't lose who you are.

• Thank you klq808 I need someone to tell me something like that and most of my friends I say I should stay with my style and I think I am going to stay :) thank you again

• No problem :) glad I could help!

What Guys Said 7

• EMO is a retarded social group to join. It is predominantly self-loathing and depressive. Why would you choose to join a society that's based on this kind of thinking? EMO is goth with a lot of detrimental thinking towards yourself. Goth is wanting to be different but still involves you joining a certain group and society. Just be who you are and don't let anything or anyone else judge you by predisposed ideas and thoughts. You are who you are and don't have to be part of any distinct class or culture or group. Dress how you like, be who you like, and like what you like.

• Nooooes. Dude go with your own damn style. If that means wearing leg warmers and a psychedelic headband then do so! I'm so damn sick of seeing all the emos around. I mean seriously if you have issues go see a councilor, but no no people have to go and make a style out of their baggage. Gawd.

• well, it usually depends on your personality. like, me, I'm how people say emo/scene watever, since I have black hair, skinny, piercings, and dark(ish) clothing. music also determines a lot too, like rock/screamo/metal. emo is just basically a form of self expression of how their life has been f***ed up I guess. we don't usually have many friends, and are pretty hot lol but we take a lot of stereotypes like cutting ourselves everyday? um, no not EVERYDAY. if you think you want to be emo/scene just because ur friends are doing it, hell no you shouldnt, but if you want to self express yourself, go ahead

• Thank you and I was going to do that sucks my ex boyfriend was emo but I like what I am and who I am thank you for showing me more about becoming emo you really did not have to say something on here soo I am very thankful

• u can't just go emo yano emo dressing that way would be called scene emo is a type of person a persinalitly you can be a poser and dress like them but you just can't go emo its not like a lightswitch on off trust me its not that simple but yeah you should dress emo go for

• It is not black and white, be somewhat emo its kinda what I do.

I love punk and like wearing black but I don't think myself as emo.

BTW most emo girls are hot

• be yourself. girls with low self esteem are turn-offs.

• Do NOT go emo

What Girls Said 2

• Emo = personality
    Scene = style

I think you should just wear whatever you want.

• don't