Had anyone had experience in dying their brown hair purple without bleach?

I don't want to bleach my hair or have to pay to go to a salon.

I've looked up some stuff online. A handful of people dyed their hair from brown, they just left the dye in for a few hours.

Most Helpful Guy

• Uhm. yeah.

Gives a purplish tone, but not solidly purple. For that you need to bleach it. Which seemed too extreme at the time.

In retrospect, should have done it while I was young and didn't matter.

Have fun, you're young.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• It won't stay for more than 3 days without bleach. It will fade. Trust me, I've already done it in the past.

• Its not going to make your hair vibrantly purple. It'll be slightly purple, but it'll still be brown. You will definitely see the purple in the sunlight though. :)

• It'll be a dark purple unless you bleach somehow. There's some natural ones that are henna based that I've heard are effective?

• It doesn't work. I tried it and my hair still looked really dark brown unless I was directly under the sunlight. You have to bleach it if you want it to be a vibrant shade of purple.

• Go to a salon watch YouTube videos you can go to sally's they have super pretty purple hair dyes you have to do it several times at first to get the color

• I've been getting my color from Sally's. None have worked. there are two I haven't tried because they're more pricey. I only want a semi or demi permanent

• what ever you do don't bleach it you will never get your natural hair back and it will get really dry then try a really light purple it will show more ask a professional for advice