Do u ever wish you were the opposite gender?

Ok im a guy, but sometimes i just wish i could be a pretty girl. I feel as though i relate more to women, and sometimes when i feel like this, i will dress up like a girl, cause i want to feel pretty soo bad. And for Halloween im dressing up like Avril Lavigne in her Hello Kitty music video. The pic is in my profile pic, Avril is the girl in the black dress. When i drsss up i tend to go all out as a girl. Please help, am I weird? And does anyone else ever wish they were the opposite gender?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time I do is when the thought of having to always take the god damn lead, being assertive all the time bothers me

What Girls Said 13

• Sometimes. A lot when I was little. I was raised as a major tomboy by my parents. You can imagine my surprise when I was told for the first time in school that I was a girl so I couldn't do something. I was like dafuq you talking about? Of COURSE I can do that! And there was the time when my grandmother came to town and was like, "You need a dress. Girls wear dresses." And I was like, "Dresses literally serve no purpose. They're not functional and they inhibit my ability to play basketball." and she was like. "Girls don't play basketball. That's a BOY sport." Hahahaha we did not get along for many many years.

My parents didn't raise me AS a girl. They raised me as female, but not as a girl. If that makes sense. They made sure that I knew what parts I had and what bathroom to use and everything but there were no attempts to dress me feminine or dictate what I could or could not do on the basis of my gender. So I guess I had my boy time as a kid.

• Thats cool :). And i think its awful how people say girls can't do some things, just cause they are girls. And i love wearing dresses, it feels really good to me, and i feel feminine

• Yhupp once a month...

• no never even crossed my mind

• Yeah you are lucky, u get to wear whatever whenever. Girls are soo lucky

• Sometimes I wish I was a guy so I don't have to deal with all the girl bs but then again I like dressing up and being pretty sometimes

• Yeah its hard for me being a guy, cause its not normal dressing up like a girl, but i can't help it.

• Oh well that is really feminine but it's your taste so don't worry about what others think

• Okay, yeah my taste is very feminine, I've tried guys clothes, but they don't work for me

• I wish I was a cat. wether male or female

• I used to, like between the ages of 18-19. Then I got over it.

• Okay, yeah im 18 now. Do u think it will go away or continue. And should i embrace it?

• Okat :)

• when i was small yes now no

• Sometimes, I think I would be a very attractive man and probably more lucky than I am as a woman.

• honestly? yes :(
    i hate to admit it

but why in the world would you want to be a girl? males are the privileged ones !
    do you think being a girl is just about clothes? no no. its also about fighting for basic human rights and not get taken seriously and also blamed if you get raped (i could go on for days!) did i mention that heartbreak is more severe for a girl? being so emotional and not having someone who understands? getting manipulated and when you start getting defensive people call you names instead of just understand you are just scared ! because a lot of guys only want one thing and they dont care if the girl falls in love with them and then get dumped?
    should i remind you that A LOT of people see you as a piece of meat? ( the stuff above didn't happen to me personally, at least not all of them... but i was molested as a kid, younger than 4 years old)

maybe you are just gay, maybe you are just going through that phase where you are a little confused about your sexuality but trust me being a girl is not the best thing, it has goo sides to it sure, but its just so much easier being a guy

• Sometimes, but I love being my gender too much to hate it to the point of cutting off my gentials and turning into a man.

• I dont know if id cut off my penis, but i sure as heck with i could be pretty like a girl.

• I do sometimes but only for one reason... Don't get me wrong being a girl is tops!

But I want to be a guy so I can see what sex is like with a penis (awkward silence). Then again I should probably know what sex is like using my vagina first.

Are you weird for doing this? If you want to be a girl then you want to be a girl and that perfectly understandable. But if you're doing all of this and you don't really have a reaosn then it is kinda weird.

I think you're okay woth being a guy and you won't go that extra mile of changing your sex and you're satisfied with being born a male but you wish you were born a girl and prefer that yiu are one.

• Yeah that sums it up. I really wish i had been born as a girl. And yeah i have several reasons, i like feeling feminine, i act more like a girl than a guy, and i much much prefer girls clothes

• Omg... I didn't go anony!

• i ALWAYS wish that i will wakeup and find myself a guy.. IF I WERE A boy.. i'd live my life and do everything that i want because guys have a lot of freedom and bravery

• Yeah, always, I want to be a dude.
    It's so awful to be in the wrong body.

• Yeah its horrible. Honestly i hate boys clothes, and i love girls. Girls clothes are so much more fun. I really wish I had been born a female. Could we like trade bodies?

• by the way does this ever happen to you. Like i will see a pretty girl and will be like "wow i wish i looked like her" or "wow i wish i could be beautiful ". I actually am jealous of girls. Do u ever get like jealous of guys?

• I'm jealous of all guys.

They have a d*ck.
      And they're stronger, they can impregnate a woman.

So , yeah.

What Guys Said 13

• I've wondered what it would be like, given the opportunity I'd do a temporary "test drive" assuming I'd be an attractive girl, though I don't wish I was a girl permenantly.

• I think it would be interesting for, like, a day. I most definitely would not want to be female permanently. There's absolutely nothing wrong with women, obviously, it's just that I'm glad I'm male.

Like I said, though, it would be interesting to see how the other side lives for day. I couldn't imagine having sex with a guy, though (yuck!), so I'd probably just hit on some of my lesbian friends, lol.

• No. Of course there are some things that are better when being a woman but overall I prefer being a man. More opportunities in jobs and other things since people call this a "Man's World". I am for equality though. Anyway, I don't want so much pressure on my looks and personality from the media. I don't want to have periods every month, become pregnant, or give birth. I do find it incredible how women can handle those things. Not sure if I could.

• Not in a million years would I wish to be something other than what I was created to be. There's something severely wrong with any male who wishes to be a female, and vice versa. You were born with the privilege of having a penis and being able to stick it inside vaginas, yet you'd rather have periods every month and have to sit down to urinate? Weird isn't quite the word to describe you, you're an abomination.

• Oh, man, if I were born a woman, I would be unstoppable. I'm glad I'm a man, but there are times where I think of how much easier some things would be if I were a woman.

• I used to ^_^
    get a little lady envy i guess lol

just to see life from that side i guess

• although i'm effeminate and submissive i wouldn't want to have a vagina

• I dont know whether i want to actually become a girl, buf sometimes i wish i was one

• neverrrrrr. Im happy being a guy. I love the idea of getting with girls. The spark wouldn't be the same if i were a girl and lesbian. Parts simply dont match and the magic of love isn't as mystical.

• Nope. Not even a little bit...

• No u are an exceptional case

• Like seriously i HATE guys clothes. I wish i could constantly dress as a girl... its hard for me

• buy a pair of bikini for u... u will love it

• Nope. In my opinion, there's no life harder than the life of a man. I like it that way.

• Go get a sex change
    Is a sex change wrong in my opinion YES!

• I dont know if i need a sex change, but i want to be a girl sometimes. And why wrong?

• I agree skittles lol

• @me2to yes

• Sometimes, truth be told. Or actually, kinda a lot, but never to the the point of action. People tend to find this a touchy subject. Thanks to society being like that I've fallen into the "Fluid" category.