I want to be more "girly" but don't have the confidence to?

So I've realized that recently I want to dress up, do my makeup more, try to straighten/ curl my hair, stuff like that. My problem is, anytime I try something new (such as a new dress, new makeup, etc.) I feel as if I'm not good enough/ pretty enough for it. Anyone have tips on how to change that? It'd be much appreciated. (:

Most Helpful Girl

• That's how I used to feel a couple of years ago, I used to just wear sullen colours like black and grey. It's a reflection of how you are as a person, I'm much happier now within myself than when I was 16. It literally just came with age, one step at a time and I began introducing more colour and girlier things in my wardrobe. Once you start trying new things, you just become more accepting anyway and should gain more confidence.

What Guys Said 3

• Find an older person to advise you. You won't accomplish this using clothes and make-up. It has to come from a clear conscience and dedication-- the inspiration we take from others

• what you wear can make you feel more confident. Also guys like girls more who dont dress like everyone else to fit in they like it when they have their own style.

• Sure its simple just do it and if you like it the anxiety will quickly fade.

What Girls Said 1

• Its about feeling good with yourself... Just try to find something you are really confident to wear... Its not like you have to wear a pink dress with flowers in it... You can try many different ways!