Dress to impress = jeans ok?

is it ok to wear nice jeans to an event that says "dress to impress"? it's a booking for a marketing job

Most Helpful Guy

• "Dress to impress" can mean different things for different events. If you're going to a bar/club and they say dress to impress, you can wear jeans and a really nice shirt/button up for guys and girls would be jeans and a nice dressy top or whatever nice top. Dress to impress for job related things or potential jobs would be khais or really nice jeans and a button up shirt. You could wear a tie too. Jacket is optional. For women it would be dress pants or khai/khai like pants for women and a nice button up top or nice shirt. Jacket is probably the better bet. Don't forget dress shoes or heels.

What Guys Said 2

• no go with slacks they are a lot more appropriate for interviews and you should google it as well!

hope you get the job! =)

• i don't think so

What Girls Said 4

• If the jeans are nice enough, then sure. I have a pair of pretty good jeans that I can get away with wearing for some such occasions.

Hm, though a booking for a marketing job, it sounds like you might just want to stick to the safe side and find a nice pair of dress pants instead.

• Well, If your attempting to get a marketing job then I would suggest dressing up and ditching the jeans. Yeah they're nice and comfy, but for an interview espeacially, 1st impressions are key. Try a pair of black dress pants with a sexy shoe and a nice flattering top maybe. They even tell you in highschool that if you're going to an interview don't wear jeans. Good luck =D

• No.

• i think you should wear dressy pants, itll impress the company and will make your impression look good...

jeans no matter good jeans or not..are always considered unprofessional

at my work place one of my coworker got in trouble for wearing these designer pants that were 200 bucks that aren't really jeans, but they look like jeans, the way they were styled because theyre navy blue, and our boss told her she can't wear that and its a bad image