Is it appropriate to wear a black suit during the day, or will look like I just left a funeral?

For various reasons the only suit I own is a three piece black suit. I usually dress up when I go out and I was curious on whether or not i'd look ridiculous wearing it. So can a black suit be worn during the day? If I did would I look like I just stepped out of a funeral? Would it help if I wore more colorful shirts and ties? If it contributes, I'm about 6'3, have tanned skin, and dark brown hair.

• black suits are OK during the day
  • black suits are OK for night time/ formal events.
  • formal events only

Most Helpful Girl

• In the words of Johnny Cash...

“I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion..."

"I decided to wear a black shirt and pants and see if I could get by with it. I did and I've worn black clothes ever since..."

What Girls Said 3

• It would be weird and inappropriate to wear a suit to anything but a formal event.

• I love guys in suits lol no idea why but hey Barney Stinson gets all the ladies with his suits.. Go for it!

• There are some black suits that just have a funeral-y look to them. It really depends on if this suit is one of those but unless you bought it specifically for a funeral then it probably doesn't have this look to it.

What Guys Said 2

• Hell I do it nearly twice a week. Pure black, I occasionally get looks but meh whatever. I wear what I wanna wear.

• They might mistake you for a priest.