If you don't like men with a lot of body hair, is it ok to ask them to shave?

Or better even, wax?

I mean I know men have more terminal hair than women and I don't mind some on the legs and arms. But chest, back and privates is just kinda gross. Sorry, no offense intended
It's just to me the right looks far better than the left
http://trimzero.com/images/manscaping02.jpg

http://www.pakfunchat.com/bodyhairremove.jpg
No my boyfriend is blonde and has fair light body hair. Not a lot in general but sometimes I wish he would was his chest. Is it ok to ask?
And my friends boyfriend has very dominant body hair. Middle eastern roots and you see it there in particular. And she feels the same way about it I do. So in her case there would be more areas to shave or wax. Is it ok to ask for that too?

We obviously don't expect it to be baby smooth every day but, you know take care of it

Most Helpful Guy

• it wouldn't hurt to just ask.

• wow that was quick. But thanks

• srsly? guys think its feminine? sometimes I don't want a scruffy beard hahaa. but nah I meant like maybe I could ask her if she can ease down on the makeup or something.

• Well see other posts about hair being masculine and wanting to be seen as a Man not child

What Guys Said 13

• I have had girlfriends who have asked me to shave or wax. No biggie for me. If you feel really comfortable and sure of your relationship you could offer him some sexual reward if he maintains himself well groomed for a while. Then it might link good hygiene with being a good experience

• I think it's ok to ask, we all have our own preferences.
    You wouldn't have to ask with me as I shave everything (except arms and head)

• if your guy wants to please you then it is okay to ask but if he says no then you have to understand why he doesn't want to shave. Maybe he has tried shaving it before and has given up because of how fast it grows back. Guy's head hair is a whole lot different from their body hair when it comes to growing.

• I don't think it's that different actually. The main difference in body hair between men and women is that women have more vellus hair while men more terminal hair, that's the thick hair. But we do have terminal hair. Like on our legs and I doubt it grows faster and thicker on you than it does on us.

Well ya I can live with a no. My friend on the other hand idk. As I said her boyfriend is very very hairy

• I may trim my chest hair if she asked, but I'd never shave or wax it. She would just have to put up with it.

• Sure, shave that stuff off. I shave about 80% of it off. I like a little hair. I get massages a lot and don't like hair as it holds the oil / cream.

• You can just ask. Easy as that. Shaving, not waxing. That's too much effort lol. Shaving is quick, painless and cheap

• well apparently some guys aren't ok with asking

• Those guys are probably single and hellbent on compromising anything for a girl. Most guys in a relationship or is having any sexual contact with you, won't have a problem with shaving some body hair.
      If I know if I shave my stomach that I'm gonna get a blowjob, then I'm gonna shave my damn stomach hair

• If it was me you could ask all you like but I won't shave certain areas because those areas actually need hair.

• I like hair on a woman, but at the same time, if she tells me to shave or wax I would.

• you do? that's rare

• liking body hair on women

• I first noticed it as an exchange student in Europe -- most of the girls in the group didn't shave, and I kinda liked it. Just last weekend I saw a woman at the beach, and I was intrigued when I saw she didn't shave under her arms. Maybe just because it is different? Or that in many places you're bucking the norm and so have a lot of self confidence?

• I'm hairy and if a girl asked me to shave or wax I'd show her the door.

• why?
      Are you fine with her not shaving?

• Well women naturally don't have as much hair on men. But obviously if you just let it grow it gets quite visible.
      Like this http://9gag.com/gag/aAYnZ3Z

I agree I'd be upset if a guy expects me to shave but not if he asked

• As I say I'm not shaving or waxing for anyone. That's my answer.

• Its thats what turns her on i would

• If a girl asked me to shave or wax I'd laugh and just carry on doing what I was doing.

• I want a woman who appreciates me as a man and doesn't wish for me to be in a prepubescent state. I mean you can ask, but I wouldn't do it personally.

• so do you also appreciate your girlfriend as a woman and don't wish her to be in prepubescent state?

• You're overestimating nature when it comes to body hair. In the middle ages only whores would shave their leg and pubic hair. Even until the 80s shaved pubic hair on women was vastly seen as weird.
      In the 70s mustaches bushy chest hair on men was seen a desirable. In the 18th and 19th century a good amount of body hair on women was actually seen as healthy an attractive.
      In ancient egypt both men and women were most attractive when completely hairless. Same for the greeks and romans. Young, fit hairless bodies were seen as beautiful while hairy bodies as hideous. Much like today.

I'm not complaining about having to shave. I was just saying you breaking up with a girl because she asked you to shave, while expecting the same of her would be very hypocritical

• I don't believe for a minute that a majority of men every found body hair on a woman attractive. Historical trends were driven by a lot of things, and the preferences of a majority were not always among them.

Regarding hair on a vagina, it may not have been as acceptable before the 80s to shave it but you better believe most guys would still have preferred it. Now that hairless vaginas are the norm, hair pies will never be acceptable again, ever.

Gender issues are by nature full of double standards and hypocrisy. Welcome to life.

• I am a hairy man where I'm from the women like it so I never had this issue.

• which doesn't answer the question

• If you want a blunt answer its ok, but it's also ok for him to say no.

What Girls Said 1

• It's ok to ask him to trim it. But to shave entirely, it's up to him. You shouldn't press him to do it. You know, shaving the whole body is time consuming and requires maintenance, waxing is painful and laser treatment is costly. It's a personal decision.