Why do parents let their daughters dress so damn trampy?

Where I work, young girls will be out shopping with their moms, and the kids will have skirts so short you can see their thongs if they barely lean over, and shorts with their butts hanging out. It's pretty damn uncomfortable when a young girl has a thong exposed or has her ass on display in little shorts, ESPECIALLY when their mom is right there. What the hell is wrong with parents, that go shopping with a kid that's dressed like that? Don't the parents realize people judge a book by the cover and assume her daughter's a whore, or they just don't care about 40 year old dudes staring?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I had kids I would want them to be comfortable sexually and not ashamed of their bodies. Also I am pretty laid back in general so I think that few things would make me feel incomfortable. Maybe if the kid got into hard drugs and wanted to take meth or started cutting themselves (I have always had an issue with blood) or worse of all, dun dun dun became a prude and started judging other people based on their lifestyles and decisions, much like you are doing with these parents. I would tell them it is none of their business how other people live.

• Another answer is how else is a girl supposed to attract sexy young boys around her age.

• And of course she would get the whole run through of proper safe sex techniques.

• I love you. Thank you for being a father/parent who would allow their kids to explore themselves sexually

What Girls Said 7

• I sometimes see people complain about this for some reason, but I have never seen it. I mean, I see girls in booty shorts sometimes, but I have never actually seen a girl in a miniskirt in public. I didn't even know those were still popular. What some people classify as "booty shorts" isn't always even that short. These are normal shorts TO ME:
    www.focalday.com/images/thats2015/0172668.jpg

And these are booty shorts (girl with blue ones, hence, ass literally coming out)
    denimology.com/.../...spring-breakers-03071207.jpg

Why girls feel comfortable wearing shorts that their ass LITERALLY hangs out of, I will never understand. And I don't get why some mothers and fathers let their 15 year old girls leave the house in them. That, and tank tops with their boobs pushed up to their necks.

For the most part though, at least in my area (and it's hot often) girls don't dress that bad. One of my friend's parents' always rags on me because I wear shorts like the first example, and they think these are the kind of shorts girls should wear:
    needsofthemany.files.wordpress.com/.../capris.jpg

Which aren't even shorts... they're Capris. Might as well wear jeans, which is what my friend does, even in 95 degree south-eastern weather, because her parents are SHORTS NAZIS

So yeah clearly there's 2 types of parents in this world... ones that let their daughter run around, boobs flopping, ass jiggling, and parents that make their girls cover their bodies head to toe at all times.

• I'm hoping that you're not the type that classifies every type of shorts as "booty shorts" and "whoreish." Because my friend's dad will literally tell me I look like a slut if he gets drunk and I'm wearing shorts that completely cover my ass. There ain't no need to wear capris or jeans all the time. Js. And unless a girls ass is literally hanging out, or her boobs are popping out, I think she looks decent enough.

• they are in puberty, I think it's normal that they wanna dress sexy. Me and a lot of my friends were the same at that age so I think you just have to let them do but only to some extend. They don't always know what is too much so you have to set some limits. if the ass cheeks are constantly hanging out of the shorts/skirt or you can see the thong though their leggings from 100m far away and when the boobs are pushed up to the limit then I think it goes too far. sometimes I see teens and think that every street hooker dresses more classy then them. I wouldn't let my daughter out like that. sexy yes, slutty no.

• Where I work, I can usually tell the ones who aren't legal, because they dress so damn slutty. And I really don't want to see some pre-teen's ass hanging out of her shorts or showing camel toe. Funny thing, I've driven through bad areas that have prostitution, and yeah, the street-walkers really were dressed classier.

• Sometimes mothers get dressed like that as well, they spoil their kids or they think it's ok because it's in fashion. I don't believe it's right as well. A good advice from me is when a girl picks up a piece of clothing, she should think of her grandmother's reaction if she saw her wearing it.

• Well truthfully telling your kid they can't dress a certain way doesn't do anything. You can say stop wearing short skirts, but if she buys and wears then then too bad. I'm assuming that eventually they just have up. These girls will eventually learn how their way of dress effects peoples attitude towards them

• I have to say the English and American girls are the ones I always see with booty shorts. The girls that come visit our country from the UK or USA are always wearing these shorts, butt haging out and all. Usually not looking that great in it.

I never wear them, unless I'm at the beach.

• I have no idea. My mother would roundhouse kick me before letting me go out the house like that.

• Why do they let them? Because they are stupid.

What Guys Said 6

• Dude I agree with you, but times are changing and whatever is trending is what is going to catch on regardless of it being logical or not (example can be shown throughout history). Much every other action in life the liberation of women brought a lot of good but came with it's consequences. Girls young and old are taught to be proud of their bodies and who they are, they no longer have to be held to the old standard of "cover up your body or your a whore," unfortunately this has also translated into the modern day "it's my body I'll do what I want" or the "if you don't like it look away cuz I am more than a distraction". As to why parents allow this behavior I can only speculate and they themselves grew up around the same beliefs.

The mothers of these girls are probably proud that there daughter for being so confident in her body and probably see a reflection of themselves in the daughters (same way a father would be proud of their son for being a ladies man), the fathers on the other hand just typically give in to their wives and except they can't control their daughters (happy wife happy life).
    you don't have to agree but this I my current assessment of the situation, just keep thinking the way you do cuz that kind of guy is a dyeing breed

• it becomes the norm and people find ways to justify that norm hahaa.

• I agree with you. I see my sister's friends outside wearing the smallest skirts and im like their parents let them leave the house like that? These are young teenage girls dressing like this.

• parents are busy with their own issues

• CUZ U DUNT UNDERSTAND ME ;-;

• There's no excuse for the father to allow that.