Why do guys like long hair on girls?

Is there any reasons in particular? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• To quote myself from another thread: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1167783-your-thoughts-on-pixie-cuts

"No. I don't won't to have to second guess if someone's a guy or girl. Don't make yourself androgynous.

Girls have a curious habit of sabotaging each others dating lives with their advice--I'm sure it's some kind of subconscious competitive thing.

Don't do pixie cuts."

Plus:

"Pixie cuts *rarely* work. Yes pretty eyes/face help, very feminine features, etc. But you MUST use accessories to really pull it off and/or really emphasize feminine features. It can look good... it just requires a lot of effort to do. It can be really chic. But almost always, if you'd look good with a pixie cut, you'd look AMAZING with long hair.

9/10 women should not try. (Note: it can also be highly dependent upon sub-culture)"

What Guys Said 8

• Why do you generalize would be the real question here. Yes maybe the majority likes longer hair, but I don't long hair.

• Because it's feminine. There is more you can do with it. More ways to play, more styles to make. And just ends up looking prettier on the female figure.

• Well I for one don't like it TOO long. When it gets down below the collarbones it starts getting too long. And I think some girls look great with short hair. I think Emma Watson looked amazing when she got her pixie cut.

• It looks very pretty and sexy we dont want to see Butch haircuts on women

• Because we have been culturally constructed to believe that it's manly to have short hair and feminine to have long hair.

• It's just really feminine and pretty.

• Long hair = feminine, short hair = masculine.

I understand the whole "questioning traditional stereotypes" thing, but some things are just part of our makeup. I'm pretty sure this one will not be changing anytime soon.

• It's due to girls being perceived as having long flowing hair. Just as guys perceived as having beards muscles etc... makes them look more feminine. I like long hair.

What Girls Said 1

• It signifies good health and fertility. Long hair can also outline a woman's face, neck and chest.