Do braces make you look ugly?

So I'm 18, have braces and they will probably be off in a few months. Just wondering, do you think braces make a person look ugly or unattractive? Even if they are pretty without them? Or do they actually look good on some people?

Most Helpful Guy

• Braces are pretty cool from my part of the world. They can be both cute and endearing! They show that you're working on your self, which is pretty cool. And if you're not insecure about them then they also help show how down to earth you can be.

Don't fret, it's totally fine. :D

~ Robby

• Thanks :) Made me feel a lot better them

What Guys Said 11

• Its all a matter of preference. People will adapt to what the majority of people look like around them. I actually have a few friends who are 19-21 who find braces just if not more attractive than without because so many girls had them back in middle / high school.

• Thanks for your answer :)

• no way, after all only teen girls wear braces mostly

• Not at all, braces shouldn't effect how you look to other people, just be careful of your speech. S' and all that. I've already been through braces so I know how you feel.

• If they're metal they're ugly. ceramic too gets coloured due to the daily food consumption and it Looks Bad, if you're worried about. looks try invaisalign or those type of transparent ones. they cost more but it should hide well enough

• Mine aren't metal and I try and get colours that aren't bright and match what I'm wearing. Thanks for the opinion :)

• I have no problem with braces.

• I have a thing for girls with braces.

• I hope not because I'm going to be getting braces soon as well :'(

• Good luck :) I'm sure it'll be fine. I have days where I couldn't hate them more, and days when I actually quite like them.

• I don't mind getting braces, I heard it makes you look cuter haha.

• I hope so! I think it does look good on a lot of people :)

• Never, ever do they look good.

• I think there really cute.

• Yea pretty much

• I rather have a girlfriend with braces than without. Braces on girls are extremely cute and getting compliments help build their self-esteem.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think braces make people ugly. When I had braces a lot of people likes them some like the thought of wondering how I would look without them. Some people do look a world difference without them and that usually because they choose the wrong colors to put in their mouth! But no braces don't make a person ugly, a bad personality or the simple fact that they are unattractive make them ugly!! Take care of those teeth I got my first cavity with those things on!! :)

• Thanks for your answer:) I've just got to think how nice my teeth will be when they come off, which won't be too long now. Don't worry, I take very good care with them! :)

• Of course! Yes knowing that helps and that's great taking care of them; for some reason when I first got my braces on I ate candy and drank soda like crazy. Learned my lesson half way through. And congrats when they come off!! It's going to feel weird but so cool at the same time!! Hope you have a great life!:)

• I don't think braces make someone look ugly at all, when I had them. I loved it. I love changing the colors and everything;

• Thanks for your opinion :) I have days when I hate the things and days when I kinda like them so it varies.

• no.. on the contrary, braces will make you look even prettier afterwards!! Proven fact, I had braces!

• Thanks:) I look forward to them coming off!

• its not like you can do anything to change it so you shouldn't worry if they look good or bad.. its for the bast bc in the end you will get rid of them and have a stunning smile.. and its like fashion now a lot of people wear them so in a way you have support lol.. and they are not that bad at all you just have to get used to them!:)

• not at all when i had my braces everyone told me that i look gorgeous and they started complimenting me so i started to pray that i will never ever take them off

• Glad to hear you liked them so much :) Thanks for you answer.

• :) your welcome