How do you feel about a Natural Black woman?

In my opinion I am a very attractive, young NATURAL Black woman. I am simple, I don't wear a lot of make up unless I am going out (other than some eyeshadow/ liner a couple days week). I wear my hair in a very natural, cute, curly afro, and I love it!

Society seems to tell Black women that in order to be beautiful, you have to straighten your hair, bleach it, wear a weave for the length, etc, and for me, the natural look is working out great, and Black women, white women, etc applaud me for my "courage" to go natural, and many tell me they wish they could do the same but don't have the confidence to!

So tell me, in your eyes, can a natural Black woman with curly, kinky, BEAUTIFUL "nappy" little curls be beautiful in your eyes?

Why, or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• YES. Confidence is sexier than anything else and embracing what you've got screams confidence. Good for you. I actually think natural would probably suit a lot of those weave-wearing, hair straightened girls better than what they are doing now. A little bit of grooming is great, but being fake to who you are and what you've got is no good.

You sound gorgeous. Keep it up! ;)

What Guys Said 4

• Anyone who is themselves and bucks conformity is already a step up in my eyes (since I'm something of a rebel myself). The black women I have been attracted to in my life are the natural ones.

• Anyone who "bucks conformity" as you say, is simply conforming to not conform. There are plenty other people out there like you who think they are "being different"

• Can def be hot. Honestly though a girl has to have a really pretty face to pull it off an afro. A sexy jaw line and thin neckline and a girl can wear her hair however she wants and pull it off.

My last girlfriend was a really beautiful black french girl who never wore any make-up. Even without make-up she put every, and I mean every girl I've met in person to shame. Needless to say that breakup wasn't my choice. Stupid atlantic ocean! Haha

• Black women who wear their naturally curly hair doesn't exclusively wear their hair in Afro's. This isn't the 70's you know.

• I'm not usually attracted to black girls - its a pheromone thing I suspect

• Ok . So you are not usually attracted to Black women . So does this mean that, in your eyes Black women are unattractive ? Or that some are attractive, but just not your cup of tea ?

• Some are attractive, just not my cup of tea

• How care if he don't like black women. Get a life!!

• I life them, bring them all to my house. Ha ha

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not a very confident person, but I can say that whatever makes you feel beautiful is beautiful. I admire the fact that you work with what God has blessed you with and you don't need to be fake to feel beautiful. And society is harsh on all women regardless of race. I wrote an article today called The Art of Being a Woman, I encourage you to read it. You might like it and I hope that you gain inspiration from it. Much Love. Keep being you and don't change for anyone!

• I don't wear my hair straightened. I am not concerned with guys who don't like it. There are plenty that do.

• Oh yeah I'm actually mixed but I have black friends and the black women that I know with natural hair have lovely hair but it's important to keep it moisturised just like with my natural, botticelli/corkscrew curls I think this my friends with natural hair have bouncy, volumelicious hair.

• I think it looks great. As long as you are beautiful and look good, the natural hair will look good. You really don't see it much as every girl has a perm or a weave, and so it does take a lot of courage. More power to ya!