Girls: What do your skirts/dresses say about you? Guys, what are your preferences?

so here's something i found:
cdnpix.com/.../...741aa647dfceb26f41a219f2ac58.jpg

note: referring to everyday outfits in public here

So ladies, what i want to know is this:

1. do u agree with this 'scale' of length and the message it conveys?
2. if yes, what's your range? if no, what do you disagree with?
3. have u ever thought about it this way before?

GUYS:

what range do you find most attractive on women?

as for me, according to this scale i dont do anything above the cheeky length.
id also replace the words, prudish and matronly with classy and elegant respectively. :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be fine with anything cheeky length or longer. Honestly, I do not see how a girl would be comfortable wearing anything shorter then that but to each there own I guess. Personally, I love seeing any kind of skirt/dress on a girl, except those short denim skirts. For some reason I hate how they look, never been a big fan of denim anyway.

• Basically almost ever girl I see wears cheeky length I would say, some at flirty length and some higher then cheeky. Usually I never see a girl longer then flirty unless they are wearing a maxi skirt/dress.

• hmm... how about 'flooring the competition' :P
      seriously tho, i find long gowns very elegant

• Yeah, I agree.

What Guys Said 21

• what range do I find most attractive on women? -- the area the diagram marked as 'Cheeky' will do, but only if it comes with Zettai Ryouiki (mostly if your Asian, but other women may try) or Fishnets (yes, I am a permanently damaged 80's boy).

If the leg is bare, notch it down to the designation of 'Flirty'.

• I judge a woman's attractiveness by her nature and personality, and not by her clothes. So the length doesn't mean much to me.

• Ehhh I don't care, and just because a girl wears her skirt/dress a certain way doesn't make her classy nor a slut or whore. I've seen some girls who wear what would be considered elegant and they screw around. I've seen some who wear them higher and stay faithful and true to exclusive relationships.

Most attractive depends on the girl and the overall picture to me.

• Such whores! They don't even show covering those paragons of sexiness, the ankles. I mean, what's any self-respecting Christian to do, when they're not even on the scale!

/sarcasm

• I like a dress or a skirt to just above the knee. Depending on the weather, with or without pantyhose. And I only like it if the girl likes it too. A smiling girl in long pants is more welcome than a sad one in a pretty dress :-)
    A bit shorter is okay if she's a pretty girl but it shouldn't either look or feel (to her) as being semi-naked.
    In that case I don't like it either!

• I prefer girls who wear up to flirty. It looks cutest there. Anything up is too revealing for my taste. That is, my taste in potential gf's of course. Anything above flirty is sexy Af, but that's all. Sexy. Makes me think less of any other characteristics.

• I actually prefer girls in shorts ;)

• no skirts no dresses... i prefer pants

• the shorter the better.

• Classy dress for a special occasion can be long. For street I like shortish. I think ladies legs are lovely, like to see as much as possible. (Within reason.)

• alright cool, altho the question is exactly that. what do u mean by 'reason'?

• From "Flirty" to "Asking for it". All dependant on the type of skirt. Flowy skirts tend to be better on the longer side, while tighter skirts are better shorter

• interesting, thanks. so u dont like flawy short skirts or u just prefer tighter ones?

• Prefer tighter at least if I'm out with her. If it's flowy and short then I'd rather see that on my way to the bedroom. Otherwise, it's gonna be popping up often.

• alright fair enough=]

• Cheeky and flirty are the cutest.

I honestly don't think the length of the skirt/dress signifies the type of person the woman is. Like I can understand whore is crossing the line but slut? I don't know

• Cheeky to flirty. The wording for the top three is disgusting.

On a side not, I love those types of skirts. That and a nice pair of white panties is sexy.

• Below the knee level or entirely covering the legs :D its the muslim thought that you cannot change :p

• Cheeky, Flirty and proper are standard. Anything below cheeky is when she's already been my gf and only when we wished to hav some fun and push a few limits.

• sounds very fair, thanks

• Welcome :D You hav a good choice. I guess its not the type with frills that you wear. They tend to love the wind so much.

• Proper and flirty both catch me every time.

All girls should wear dresses more often. Ah, but alas, winter is approaching. So bring on the sweaters, jeans, parkas, or straight-up just hiding in the house. XD

• thanks for actually answering the question.
      yeah a lot of guys say that, but thing is, theyre so uncomfortable lol. we have to make sure we sit with our legs together and hold them down if there's wind, or pull them down if they come up, etc etc.

• yeah i get what u mean.
      never apologise for thinking. i think i should apologise for talking too much haha, seriously gotta work on that ish=/

• I used to apologise too much for sure, I'd say sorry for being sorry. And it just made the situation worse

ANYWAY thanks for getting what I mean. Done rambling.

• Knee level or just above it is we're I think they look good.

• Don't agree with any name calling, but I love flirty and cheeky.

• Flirty is fine with me

• As they wish !!

• Cheeky, flirty and proper are nice

What Girls Said 18

• I either go flirty/provocative or maxi dress length. There is no in-between lol.
    I definitely agree that there is a certain length that is appropriate depending on your location, but the wording used for the really short lengths are kind of offensive. It implies that if a girl wears something too revealing and she gets raped, then the blame should be put on her. In a rape, the victim should never ever be blamed. Regardless of what she wears, it has nothing to do if whether or not she was "asking for it". Men are not animals, I think they can resist the urge to rape someone. We saw this picture in our Sexual Deviance class when learning about the sexual double-standard and feminist theory. How come there aren't any pictures like this but with men instead? How come guys can walk around without shirts and no one gives a fuck? If a girl even wears a tank top or a sports bra, she gets called a showoff or a slut. Sexually, men and women are not seen equally when it comes to sex, and this is a problem that we, as a society, need to focus on changing.

• It is quite acceptable in Germany for a woman to go topless, but I suppose you are just mainly addressing the norms used in the English speaking world (U. S., U. K, NZ, Aus, Canada, etc..)

• That's funny. The terminology isn't what I'd go with, but that being said, mine range from matronly (not my choice label to cheeky. I've got some "matronly" length that are quite figure hugging or even have a slit, adding a little "risqué" to it and some more "cheeky" length for certain occasions. I wouldn't go any shorter, but that's just me. Usually mine range around the knee to slightly above, daily.

• I think generalization about clothing can't be done since it depends on the occasion. For example you wear bikini at the beach because it is what it is.

If you go clubbing, you can wear more 'cheeky' that is cool. For daily wear, I prefer more between flirty and proper.

To be honest I never thought about this scale. I think people should wear whatever they feel comfortable in.

• read my note? how i said its for EVERYDAY outfits in public.

• Oh ok. I prefer wearing between still flirty and proper.
      I am not someone who judge people because of their clothing so I guess this scale is not for me. I wear those because I feel more comfortable.

• I don't go above provocative, but "flirty" is my most common length.

I find the first three names absolutely offensive though. Especially "asking for it".

• 1. do u agree with this 'scale' of length and the message it conveys?
    no, slut/whore are offensive and "asking for it" is a slap in the face for all rape victims

I like them short but I don't want that my ass cheeks hang out as soon as I move a bit. most are probably provocative or cheeky, but I have some longer ones too.

no, I wear what I like and don't care if other people would classify it as flirty or whatever

• I do not own any skirts...

• 1. To a degree, yes.
    2. Prudish, Old-Fashioned, Proper, Flirty, Cheeky (maybe a farther down w/this one)
    3. No, not really.

• I absolutely hate this. What is "asking for it". If they mean sexual assault then that's fucking disgusting. Also I hate the words slut and whore a women dressing provacatively doesn't make her a slut. It just makes her a woman dressed provocatively.
    I already explained that in the first part
    Nope it's just skirts. It could be hot as he'll. you could be at the beach. I don't know so I can't judge

• Usually something between flirty or cheeky. I own long dresses as well, but I would never wear anything shorter than cheeky.

• I dont agree with their choice of words. My range isn't on there. I wear skirts or dresses to my feet level. I go for my ankles, but since I'm short its longer.

• My skirts and dresses are usually between "provocative" and "flirty" according to the picture. But I don't believe that women should be shamed for dressing too little or too much. :)

• I don't wear skirts or dresses as everyday outfit very often but those I have are mostly cheeky-flirty

the shorter ones I have are mostly for special occasions

• I'm Flirty and Proper. Quite accurate yeah i like the chart! Pretty clever!

• I don't wear skirts/dresses that often but I got a good mix of all lengths (but nothing like "whore" or "slut", don't like my ass hangning out)
    and I don't really like their choice of words

• Hahaha Good one. Had to go check mine go from flirty to cheeky I hardly wear them.

• I guess I wear mine at flirty length but I just like my legs I'm not worried about flirting also its hott as fuck in Texas

• So I guess I'm "cheeky". No I don't agree with this I find short frilly skirts to be more girly. and I've never thought about this scale before.

• According to the picture you posted, my skirt/skirt pants/dress length is either flirty or between flirty and cheeky. Many of my clients, their maids and kids say that they like to see me wearing them so I think such lengths should be good for me :) I think the cheeky length is too short.