I want to change my style up physically, but my dad said he thinks I will be the next Joan Rivers?

Lately I have been wanting to try something new with my looks physically, no plastic surgery or anything. I told my dad last night that I wanted to cut my hair to a little more than shoulder length (I'll post a picture of an example), possibly get white tip acrylics and to stop wearing make up shortly once my acne is almost cleared. He then turned around and asked why I always have to change my hair, I have dyed it a ton in the past but have not touched in quite a while. He then went to say that if I continued to want to make changes to myself then I will want to get plastic surgery, botox injections and ultimately I will not be happy with the way that I look, ever. I tried to explain to him that just because I want to cut my hair and get my nails done doesn't mean I am going to want all of that stuff. I think I am beautiful the way I am but I just want to try something different. Am I the illogical one or is he?

www.hairstyles123.com/.../...lock_hairstyle_10.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Dads just sometimes over react when their daughters go from dressing up dolls to dressing up themselves. Like small things just seem bigger to them, or like it's a gateway to something else. Like my dad was devastated when I first wore heels I think, because he just made up some crazy stories in his head about the next step after me wearing heels, just like how your dad has some crazy story in his head from you somehow going from a haircut to extreme plastic surgery.
    Just reassure him he has excellent genes because he made a beautiful daughter who knows she's beautiful, and tell him you know those women ended up looking worse than when they started and you don't want surgery, I mean why fix what ain't broke right.
    Dads are just a little crazy sometimes when their baby girls become women. Just look at how fucked up some guys are, and your dad knows more, it must be petrifying for them!

What Guys Said 3

• He's being illogical, but to him you are perfect.

BTW, I like your hair longer than in the pic of SB

• I don't think girls ever look better with shoulder length hair than with longer hair. Most guys I talk to think the same.

You'll miss it after you cut it, believe me.

• If you liked yourself, you wouldn't need to change things

• By the way, the more you do to your hair, the more you kill it. Yes, I realize we need to get it cut ever now and then to keep it under control but, the more you do to your hair, the more you'll kill it. Try to keep the coloring and all that to a minimum, if you plan to keep your hair

• every*

What Girls Said 3

• I like that cut. I think it's really pretty. Always thought about getting my hair like this. Nice choice! Your dad is overreacting, I think lol.

• Why do you even TELL your dad this? It's none of his business!

• I think you could totally pull that off. Besides, variety is good. You don't want to have the same hair style all your life, so of course you want to try out new things.

Your dad's "logic" makes no sense. Go for it!