Why does my hair smell?

Ok i wash , shampoo and condition my hair at least twice a week, but after I straighten it I notice it starts to smell like grease­čśľand I also get dandruff.
How can I prevent this?

0|0
7|2

Most Helpful Girl

• You probably need to change your shampoo. What kind of shampoo do you use?
    That's definitely not normal at all. Have you tried putting less conditioner in your hair? I am only saying it because conditioner sometimes has a nasty habit of making your hair oily.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It could very well be your water doing it all

0|0
    0|0
    • It might be your hormones causing it
      your best to consult a hair saloon and
      get their opinion if not you could have
      thyroid condition too !

• Just twice a week? You should probably wash it every couple of days !! I am assuming you have an oily skin as well. Consider visiting the dermatologist to find the root cause of your problem!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• 1) There could be residue left from other products on your straightener
    2) Try washing with baking soda and vinegar instead of shampoo/conditioner). Works wonders for me.
    www.treehugger.com/.../...nt-six-months-later.html

0|0
    0|0
  • Wash your hair every second day.. Use a heat protector spray when you use your hair straightener.. And probably try a different shampoo/conditioner

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine does that too. I use dry shampoo on my no wash days though (: try Batisse, it works the best out of all dry shampoos!

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe its your shampoo try something sulfate free.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aren't you suppose to wash your hair everyday? You probably burned your hair try putting heat protectant products on it before straightening.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to wash your hair more often!

0|0
    0|0