Should I get skin lightening surgery or a nose job?

So right now I'm saving to get some sort of cosmetic surgery done. But I'm trying to decide between skin lightening and facial plastic surgery (probably rhinoplasty). I've thought about it for a while and I'm thinking the lightening is the way to go. I have darker skin and don't really like it so I think going from keke palmers color to something 2-3 shades lighter is a good idea.
But if I got rhinoplasty I could finally get a thinner nose. I don't like my nose because it's wide and round. I want it to be thinner and pointier.
Which do you think I should get?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rant: Is this that important to you? You're talking about it like its routine. Volunteer surgeries are dangerous and there is always the possibility you will never wake up. Plus being fake is a turn off.

Rational Opinion: Ask the plastic surgeon what he thinks would be better. They work exclusively in the field of perfection and will know what is more important to get. I wouldn't go for the skin lightening because if you have a kid that would be weird.

What Guys Said 11

• This topic reminds me of a few songs by Beanie Man and Bounty Killa regarding Vybz Kartel decision to change his skin colour.

Beanie Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WGgul3JcaQ

Mr. Vegas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNuwV7NFHM

Here's a picture of Vybz Kartel before and after
    cdn.urbanislandz.com/.../...re-After-bleaching.jpg

I'm against the fence, I won't recommend you do anything.

• I was so in shock when he did this along with the dreads and the braces I didn't know who he was turning into

• It is what it is. Kartel is still my favorite dancehall artist.

• Neither, because if you can't learn to love yourself as you are now, you'll never love yourself. Look a Michael Jackson. And thanks for being a self-hating stereotype, instead of building up your culture and people from your own inner strength... sell out.

• stop hating yourself lady. how can you hate your skin tone and nose? Thats a problem within yourself u need to fix, one surgery won't fix the problem..

• Well hating the way you look isn't very hard. You just look in the mirror and realize you don't like what you see

• But I've just kinda excepted that I'm not beautiful. Everyone can't be naturally beautiful, but we have ways to fix that now. And I'm tired of feeling ugly, so I've considered it

• i understand but ur wrong when u say that people can't be naturally beautiful. u can. I don't know how many times i was attracted to a booty ass ugly chick just because she carried herself high and spoke well. Love yourself and people will naturally attract to you..

• Just don't do what Renee Zellweger did.

• Neither sounds fine, buy something with actual value.

• That won't get you anywhere because you lack the European bone structure.

• We'll I wouldn't go completely white (that would look ridiculous) but I would got a few shades lighter

• Hmm I don't know I've only heard about a few successful bleaching stories. Majority of these bleaching attempts end miserably.

• you should make a rimjob

• You will end up ruining your looks.

• Never! Be happy with who you are :3

• you sound korean

• No I'm not, I'm black. But I understand how you thought I was Asian

• 4. Brazil
      5. Colombia
      6. USA
      7. Taiwan
      8. Japan
      9. France
      10. Mexico

• I don't mean to generalize, but I know Asian countries get a lot of cosmetic surgery that involves skin color and rhinoplasty

• If you are set to do one or the other then I would suggest the nose job on the grounds I don't understand skin lightening surgery at all. Then again what do I know? I haven't even seen a picture of you.

What Girls Said 12

• Neither, you may end up to regret it... I tan once a week for 9 years now, just to get a more Beige look... You sound great, natural, and from what I have seen even the Best of the Plastic surgeons today on the Besties like the Celebrities, it is a Botch job just waiting to happen.
    Go to a makeup artist that can highly Recommend perfect makeup that will make your nose look more narrow and you More beautiful. You sound as though you have a lot to give as a natural beauty and going way too High for a price to pay For-----Already being beautiful.
    Good luck. xx

• Yeah, but I'm not slightly beige or anything, I'm very dark and don't like it. And I've always thought that if you don't like something about yourself you should just change it

• Please find someone reputable for this, which I guess you will do your homework on... I guess some of want to be darker, like me, and some want to be lighter...:)) xx

• It's hard to say without knowing what you look like. Also instead of just looking at the positive possible consequences, I'd be looking at the possible negative ones too. You should be considering the risks of both surgeries as well. If you're really determined to do one or the other, I suggest which ever one has a smaller risk factor but greater possible pay off. Also remember that you get what you pay for in plastic surgery. The cheaper option when it comes to doctors is usually not the better option.

• Skin lightening is dangerous and may cause cancer. Why don't people learn to live with the skin colour they have?

A wide and round nose can be fixed with contouring.
    oh-my-god-its-pin-up.blogspot.gr/.../...-know.html

• If that's what will make you happy, do it. But be aware of the potential negative effects of skin lightening such as deep stretch marks, dark hyper pigmentation spots, and early aging.

• unless a person has a serious and obvious deformation, plastic surgery is not needed. im living in a country where kids get even pushed by parents to get plastic surgery and its just disgusting.

• I don't know what it's like to have darker skin but I can relate to you with having a round and big nose. I dont think you should get either, what's wrong with your looks now? I don't understand why people don't like having darker skin, your less likely to get cancer from the sun and its unique. Also your plastic surgeon could ruin your nose accidentally or you could harm your skin from chemicals. Just because the media says other wise doesn't mean that It's true.

• Well everyone says darker skin is unique, but if you ask them if they think it's attractive they say no. I've never really been told my skin is attractive an I understand how/why. And it's not only the media, but society as well

• no no. don't do any of them. :c they are dangerous and will have conqcionces afterwards. be happy with how you look I bet you look beautiful. :3

• not a good idea

• how does skin lightening surgery work? isn't it just eating pills for the rest of your life?

• I don't quit know, one I decide which I want to do I'll look into it

• if you haven't looked into it already, you're not that desperate.

• We'll I don't want to waist my time looking in to one just to not do it. I've researched a lot of different types of facial plastic surgery to know what I want (had to decide between mouth augmentation or rhinoplasty). But I haven't gone too in depth, so I don't waist time

• You should get some confidence

• Dont do it im sure your beautiful the way u are

• Please don't do it. Natural is always the best.