Do your parents tell you can't wear a short skirt or tank top?

Do they comment on your clothes saying why is it showing at the chest and stuff?

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad will say "put some clothes on" or like statements but he knows none of us listen loo. Poor man.

• where did you get the idea not to follow his order?

• did defending yourself work? what would say to defend?

• I'd just say everyone wears it and its not a big deal

What Guys Said 3

• nah bruh, they let me do whatever, but that's because they trust me, my mother didn't raise no fool xD

• as a guy, i don't think your parents would have any problems with whatever you wore

• how's that?

• generally if I wore something socially acceptable yeah, but same goes for girls, anything socially acceptable, there are clothing items that are not considered as socially acceptable for guys too.

• No. But I'm 44 and a man.

• Depends on what you're doing in the outfit.. you wouldn't wear that to temple, right?

What Girls Said 10

• When I was going to school, mom was a straw boss so nothing too High Up The-----Thigh. However, there were times I got a few things behind her Scenes and Sneaked peeked them in my book bag to wear without her knowing about the rest of my Sunday best.
    Even now, if mom sees some cleavage, she will Make a low blow remark. xx

• what's a straw boss?

did you find it easier to change later instead of arguing with her about the clothing?

what low blow would she say?

• lol.. Straw boss is someone who is "In command" of your life like... I wore what she bought me, hating to school shop with her but then I would go out and buy my own clothing, sneaking off to school with them and she never knew, as I say... So we both compromised and never knew it... Now, for I don't do it often with cleavage for I don't visit that often, I just put a sweater over myself and call it a day... xx

• Yeah my mum did my dad never cared! It was ages back they don't care what I wear now.. I remember I once wore a short dress and walked into the kitchen.. Mum said "I hope your wearing shorts under that short dress" I smiled big grin on my face 😁 and flashed at my mum to see there were shorts under my dress AHAHA.. We both laughed, but she trusts me now.. So all good

• lol most of the time the dad cares and not the mom. how did you get her to stop?

• When I got older, I chose more appropriate clothing styles to wear.. It was just a phase for me..

• Lol uh... no. I'm 23, but I definitely wasn't allowed to buy anything that showed too much as a teen.

• Nah, they don't tell me when I look like a tramp haha. They just tell me when I look fat. :P

• My dad has been in America since I was in sixth grade so I've only had my mom growing up. Sometimes she comments that my clothes look sexy but not necessarily in a disapproving way. She also wonders why my tops are so short (crop tops). To this day, she has yet to make me stop wearing a certain outfit. There's a fine line between looking sexy and slutty. I dress nicely but I don't look trashy or slutty.

• Yes but I began to debate the ethics of slut shaming and the standard of women being responsible for guys actions and they stopped for the most part

• I choose to dress conservatively so they don't worry or ever comment on what I'm wearing.

• yeah omg. i had a dress that went to my knees and I got told i dress like a slut at church by my own cousin. how nice.

• They used to but I still can't wear shorts.

• how did you get them to stop telling you what you couldn't wear?

• lol that's a defense parents love to use, i hate it when they say that. i guess i can try that.

• How old are you?

• No, they never did but I rarely wore short skirts or tank tops out of the house