Thoughts on cosplay (anime) girls? Turn on or turn off?

I am a girl who loves anime, but I always wonder if I told people how weird they would think I am. I always wondered if it would be a major turn off.
It is not like I wear cosplays that dont suit me. I love to cosplay ririchiyo from inuxboku ss

Most Helpful Guy

• Not much of an anime fan, but I love the cosplay girls.

• The right anime can change your life haha

• I like what I've seen but I don't actively search for new anime to watch, like I do for music or videogames, for example. I watch only what I'm recommended and if it looks interesting.

What Guys Said 10

• Anime is a healthy way to live out fantasies, and I personaly like most 'anime' fans.

• Yeah its hot, but only if you dress up as cosplay females I fantasize about lol like Ada Wong, or Laura Croft.

• Yupp do iiit!

• I don't know why it has to be "turn on or turn off"
    can't it just be, interesting? Lol
    i cosplay myself, thus if i let someone else (guy or girl) who did it too, obviously id be able to talk about materials and such :3

• I didn't mean it in a sexual way actually, I think I worded it wrong. I meant would it arouse your interest to talk to them or to ignore them. Im used to the term of arousal as a motivator from psychology xD

• I am not into anime at all but I would not have a problem with it.

• Not a turn off at all. I love watching anime.

• Definite turn on for me, i myself am gonna start as soon as i have more money for it.

• It is an expensive hobby

• That's hot. Go for it!

• I think it's interesting.
    I would definitely date someone who is into anime or cosplay.

• It is really fun... an expensive hobby though xD

• haha have fun doing it

• Only weird to people who don't watch it

What Girls Said 1

• I tend to stay away from people that cosplay. If that's your thing go for it, but I've noticed shared personality traits that I do not like. If I knew you before hand, and I saw that you weren't like that it wouldn't bother me. That being said, I'd notice the personality trait long before I found out you cosplayed. However, I do love manga and certain anime. I've worked Anime conventions and Comic conventions many times... Not my crowd, but there is money to be made.

• I definitely understand! I am even annoyed by some cosplayers. They are obnoxious and annoying, and just because they are dressed at your favorite character, they attack you. Its like "hell no bitch. Im still a person, common rules still apply. Dont touch me you stupid a**" like really... even talking about it now pisses me off! So if that is why you dont like them, then I understand completely.

• That is exactly why I don't like hanging around cosplayers (T_T) I doubt you'll really run into guys that are just totally against cosplaying. It's a creative hobby to say the least and if he knows you before hand what could he really say? Oh your such a great girl, but I must turn my head away, because you like to dress up... All guys like role play, some just haven't had the chance to try it outside of the bedroom.

• I never meant cosplay as roleplay... haha and I avoid the insane cosplayers as well. I cosplay to take photos like photography shoots.