Why girls who are short wear heels? Don't they know that they won't fake their height with them?

never undestood that. everyone can see what you wearing. you can't fool someone that you're 5'9" whilst you're only 5'4".

personally i don't like heels as footwear.

anyway my question is do you wear heels even if you're short?

Most Helpful Guy

• They wear high heels because if the look taller they won't look as fat.
    Does that answer the question?

What Girls Said 27

• It's not that we want to fool people. We already know that everyone can notice that we're short as fuck.
    It's just that high heels look good with a couple of outfits and dresses. Also, they make us look sort of slimmer.

• I love the fact that I'm short AND I find heels to be comfortable. So I'm going to wear sky high heels and you can keep on hating. Cool? Cool.

• you go gurl *znaps fingers*

• @koko124 no they're actually comfortable to me and sneakers hurt my feet. Just because most people are one way doesn't mean everyone is.

• ooook then

• It's not about fooling people that you're taller than you actually are. It's about fashion. Why don't guys get that? Short girls just like heels.

• yeah but the first thought that comes in mind when i see a girl with heels who's short is "look at her. she struggles to look taller"

• But she's not. My sister wears heels because she absolutely loves them. She's really into fashion. She does not do it to look taller although it certainly helps (she's 4'11").

• Girls wear heels to feel more glam when they go out to feel more feminine. Not necessarily to feel or be taller. Heels are great but I dont wear them at all really. can't remember last. time I didn. they can be painful. and delay my. speed. of walking

• I'm 5'4" and I wear heels because I like them. They make me feel more confident, and it's easier to tell my older brother that he is not taller than me (he's somewhere between 5'11" and 6 ft.) even though he is still taller than me... I also have more heels than flats or sneakers.

• you don't understand that if someone pushes you then you'll fell down easier if you wear heels? LOL

• My balance is very good, and no one pushes me.

• I love heels! I think they're sexy... I'm short 5'2"... and I wear heels all the time at work... And it does work... Not even realizing it. :) I usually go get coffee every morning with a group of coworkers... So I'm normally walking next to them... Which puts me round 5'4/5'5" usually. Well recently I changed and wore flats BC I was going to be on my feet a lot that day. And my coworkers were like "WTF, you're short! I never realized you were that short!" True story ! ☺️😊👠

• then your co-workers rarely look other's legs. i do and i can understand if a girl is short or not.

• Well you could go the other way and say 'why do tall girls wear heels-they're already tall!'
    Girls wear heels... depending on the girl. I only wear heels for performances. Some girls, that's their style, they're like... city chics I guess. Some girls wear it cause they really do wanna be taller-you gotta understand, it feels super cool to walk around with a different height for a day. It's a fun experience. And then some girls do it just for fun.

• I'm short, but I don't wear heels to look taller because I'm comfortable with my height. I'll only wear them for special occasions or whenever I feel like it because I love how they look. They're pretty shoes and can really make an outfit look great.

• I'm short as fuck, but I like how heels make my legs look sexy.
    I'm not trying to fool anyone or make myself look taller, but heels are sexy and they help me feel sexy. So I'll continue wearing them ok? ;)
    Sorry about that! haha :P

• It's not just about the height. I like them because they're feminine. They make my calves look better, my legs longer, and give my ass a great lift. I've actually never wore them to look taller. Mostly I prefer wearing heels because they add something feminine to my nerdy/tomboyish style.

• Heels aren't always about deceiving people about your height.
    I'm short and I wear them because they put together certain outfits perfectly i. e. its a fashion/style thing

• Why is it hard to understand that girls wear heels for fashion and not primarily to "fake their height"? ...

• I never wear heels, only wore them once (to prom). People usually wear heels to be taller, not nessesary to look taller. If you're short and your friends are taller, then you might have the same eye level as them with heels.

• Heels are for fashion anyone that sees a girl in heels and actually thinks she is taller then they are stupid.

• I'm 5'4 and occasionally I wear heels. I work out a lot and I have a really slim athletic body, heels bring out the best of those features. My calves, butt... Combined with skin tight jeans,... :p so no I don't wear heels to deceive someone ;)

• I'm short & love being short (5ft.) I wear heels only to accentuate my legs & whatever outfit I'm wearing

• Let's be honest here, girls wear high heels because it makes them feel sexy.

• sexy or suffering from napoleo's complex?

• I only wear them for myself or if I wanna have a little extra something for my outfit.
      Otherwise... no.

• i like the sound they make when i walk. :)

• Nobody wears them for that purpose. They just make you look sexier.

• Yes because they look sexy and being taller is a bonus

• I really hate heels, never liked them, I prefer sneakers.

• Heels aren't about lying about your height they're about appearing more attractive.

• I thought girls wore heels to make their butts stick out, not to make them look taller.

• I love shoes and fashion and I think heels look good with certain outfits. I have no problem being fun sized!

• Despite what some people say some people actually wear heels to look slimmer and for fashion reasons

• I'm so jealous of short girls who can wear heels. :(

• Its not about fooling someone. Girls wear heels because they just like it.

What Guys Said 7

• It accentuates their legs and make their legs look all sexy.

• Most girls do it because it makes butt and legs look better/ looks better in a dress/ guys like it.

• Mostly just social acceptance, but they're terrible for your lower body. Pretty dumb thing to wear, imo, but they do look sexy with the right clothes. .

• A spin off of the 'heels question' I see what you're doing.

• Lol this reminded me of that 5 foot-ish chick and her "stripper" heels

• Wow. Yeah, you're not getting the point of heels. They have nothing to do with faking height. Heels do 3 things for a girl:
    1) They make her legs look longer and better. By having her toes pointed, her calves are flexed and look more toned and shapely.
    2) They make her ass look better. To balance while on her toes, she pushes her pelvis forward which flexes her ass and makes it look good.
    3) They make her tits bounce. Walking in heels is less stable than walking in regular shoes. The lack of stability gets a girls boobs to jiggle nicely.

So since heels accomplish all those things and since they're all great, we all love heels.

• not alll... i dislike them

• Hahaha! Why not? They advertise on the internet exactly TO be seen by random guys from the internet!

• it's called respect you know

• Girls are insecure and always try to be something they're not. example make up , fake nails , fake tan , fake breasts (some of them) fake eye lashes and heels