What is having long hair like? What do you hate about it? What do you like about it?

I've never had long hair and I've heard some people say they hate it and some say they love it. i just want your honest opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• I have thick, wavy hair that's about halfway down my back. I like it because it's girly and makes me feel pretty. :)

I don't like it because it takes forever to dry after I shower, it gets tangled easily, and it always gets in the way when my boyfriend and I are hooking up.

But it's worth the extra hassle. For now, haha.

What Girls Said 12

• I have hair that goes down to where my hip bones are. I love having long hair because it looks nice straight and even nicer curled (because curly hair shrinks the length of hair).
    The downside is brushing the tangles out. It's also a hassle in a car with windows open or walking on a windy day because your hair flies everywhere and gets even more tangled.

• I've always had a love/hate relationship with my long hair. I've had both short and long hair and while short hair was nice (no tangles, never got in my eyes/nose/mouth, dried really fast) I have to say I prefer the versatility of having long hair and the ability to just pull it back into a ponytail if I'm having a bad hair day, even if I have to deal with the negatives of long hair as well.

• Well my hair is past my bum. So its a mixture of this;
    It gets in the way so you have to wear it up a lot of times.
    You go through more hair products such as shampoo and conditioner
    you'll need to brush your hair constantly.
    Also depending on the length it gets caught in stuff when down or in a pony tail.

• I have long hair obviously duh and sometimes I like it because you can style it and do whatever with it but I hate how it gets in the way sometimes I've had a boyfriend with long hair till his ears and it looked cute too

• I hate how how much harder it is to take care of it. But I love being able to play with it & whip it around :)

• It's okay lol mine is pretty thick so it can be a pain sometimes. I really want to get it cut! :X

• I have a long hair and I love it because I can do plenty of different hairstyles and I don't think it' that hard to maintain

• it feels heavy unlike when i have short hair. short hair is also easy to manage but i look better on long hair that's why i stick to it.. boring..

• It can be annoying when its really hot or when you wash it it takes a long time

• I have really long, really thick hair.
    I love the way it looks and it's very soft, I like that.
    But it's also very heavy, very hot, and static electricity is a beast in the winter.
    Washing it is kind of a chore too.

• my hair goes down till like half my back or a bit higher
    but its naturally curly so when it curls (Which is like 90% of the time) its at my shoulder blades (ish)
    i can have it short or long without scissors touching it basically :P hehe

what i like: it looks pwetty and feels awesome, specially when it touches my bare back also you have a lot more options when styling
    what i hate: takes longer to care for it and when its messed up... its really messed up lol, also the ends are sooo old they tend to be weaker/drier (since they are older than those on short hair)
    also it gets in the drain when i shower and gets in my way sometimes but i dont care lol

• Pretty but annoying to deal with (I have my hair in a bob now because I can't be bothered with it long). My hair's quite thin so it gets in knots really easily.. Hypocritically even though I don't want long hair I like long-ish hair on guys. Like how I never wear eyeliner but I love when guys wear it!

What Guys Said 1

• Long hair is awesome, but sometimes a chore.

My hair routine is: shave my head, let it grow back down to my shoulders (takes about a year), keep the long hair for a couple months/until I get sick of it, then shave it again.

Awesome because I love wearing bandanas/whipping it around, hot in the summer and nice in the winter.

Sometimes it's just a gross mess when you sweat too. But then having a bald head is so refreshing! You feel like a new person. A BABY