Question about hair! Girls (and guys too) Have you ever dyed your hair? How was it? Tips? Share your personal stories!

I've been thinking about dyeing my hair for a while now and I think I am really gonna do it!
I'm 18 and my hair was untouched until about a year ago when I got highlights. I've highlighted my hair 3 times but never dyed the entire thing so I'm kinda nervous.
SOOOOOO HOW was your experience the first time you dyed your hair?
I have curly hair and I'm worried that it will ruin my curls... Any GIRLS out there with dyed curls?
What COLOR should I go with? (I already have one in mind :))
I know I want to go lighter...
Any tips?
here's other pics in case they help
Straight hair:

I dyed it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. I have my hair dyed roughly every 3 months, but just to jet black now. Started doing it regularly since I was about 13, and there's never been any kind of damage to my hair.

I say do it! You remind me of Birdy, and I can already imagine you with the same color as hers.

• Ooooh cool you must have strong hair.
      And omg I wish I had her blue eyes!!
      I'm thinking of like a ligjt brown or caramel color then adding highlights to make it more blonde.

• Yep, that would look perfect on you!

What Guys Said 4

• I always preffered natural especially with brunettes.

• Oh. Well I'm sooooo tired of just dark brown hair.

• I dyed my hair black once.
    it ended up looking black because it was already black.

• ... so what was the point...

• I was trying to make my hair look jet black lol, so I thought dyeing it would do the trick, but I couldn't really see a difference lol.

• Hahahahaha ohhh i thought you were just being a smart ass or something. Haha that's funny though

• What colour are you planning on dying it?

• Hey it's you again! Lol
      Light brown. Like maybe butterscotch/golden brown then later add highlights. Nothing too crazy.

• That would look nice:)

• I'm sorry what was the question? I was too busy noticing how cute you are!

• Lol aww shucks 😚

• Sorry, couldn't help it :P

• Lol thanks boo

What Girls Said 5

• I dyed my hair all the time, my natural hair colour is dark brown, I did red, brunette, brunette with blonde highlights, red with pink highlights, and blue black lol

• Dang did that damage your hair?

• Yeah, I have a friend who is a hairdresser, my hair is back to normal, I've learnt my natural colour is the best 😄

• oh cool

• No, I've never dyed mine. :(

• i bleached my hair platinum for 8 years continuously. sometimes i added toner and made it a champagne or sandy blonde. sometimes i added colour and made it a fawn, milktea colour.

my natural colour is black.

• I have been dyeing and highlighting my hair since I was 14. I have had every colour under the sun. I stick to blonde high and lowlights now. I get it done every 6 weeks for upkeep

• Does that dry out your hair?

• Or make it fall out? What do you do to keep it healthy? And what type of hair do you have? Sorry sooo many questions lol

• I been dyin my hair since I was 10 I'm 21 now :l