White Ink Tattoo. Acceptable in the work force, or not?

I have been thinking, it is not set in stone, of getting a white ink tattoo on my left wrist, but on the right side of my wrist (same side as my thumb). The tattoo would say "Blessed ✞" Small very feminine font. I am already very light skinned, so the tattoo would look more as a scar than an actual tattoo. The tattoo does have a large personal meaning to me that if you would like to know you can post it in your response, but I will not say in the initial question. But is it a good idea? I am currently getting my Bachelors degree in health sciences and I am going to work in a hospital. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love tattoos, so I almost always say 'go for it'. But the opinions you need are not those of random people on the internet for a case like this. What you need to do is go to a couple of hospitals and ask there, to make sure it isn't an issue. Some places may 'say' that they don't have a problem with things because of how their hiring regulations have to work, but they will have 'soft' rules that get enforced anyways.

If you were thinking of getting it somewhere easily covered I would say 'who cares', but this can have an effect on your ability to get employment, so take an afternoon and check it out. It would suck to be wrong.

What Guys Said 5

• I did a quick search on hospital policies, seems to vary with the hospital, and the region you're in matters. Big liberal cities are likely to be flexible about it, religious affiliated bible belt ones less so.

I'd guess you may have more flexibility than in the pure corporate world, where companies aren't going to risk being unprofessional -period-.

• doesn't sound bad and you can cover it up easily.

• I don't think it would be a problem, but they'd probably make you cover it up with a watch or something.

White-collar jobs can be really stuffy.

• Must be hidden at work.

• In most professional environments you would still be required to cover it. It sounds like a nice idea for a tattoo, maybe consider getting it somewhere that doesn't require you to cover it at all?

What Girls Said 2