What kind of clothes should I wear? Please help.

I've been wearing mostly Hollister-esque clothes, but I'm 5'2 and have an hour glass type figure. I feel like I don't dress very well because I don't really pull of any certain look very well. I'm so confused. I'm 19 years old and I can't even freaking dress myself. HELP ME PLEASE. I am begging you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! I'm 16 just for the record.

If you're short and have an hourglass figure, I don't think you should be wearing hollister. I think of hollister clothes as being made for girls that are very tall and thin.

Maybe you could read some fashion magazines, and just find some things that you like. Then I'd recommend stores like Forever 21 and H&M. They're both inexpensive and have a huge variety of clothes. I also love dELiA*s, Nordstrom, Charlotte Russe, and Urban Outfitters.

I'm one of those people who can find something I like at whatever store I walk into. I don't mean that in the way that I love buying things, but if I look around, I can usually find something that I'll love and think "oh that would look really good with this..." in my head.

Since you have an hourglass figure and are short, you can definitely pull off high waisted skirts and dresses belted at the waist to emphasize your smallest part.

Idk whether you're someone who hates when girls wear leggings as pants or not, but for me, I love leggings. They're extremely comfortable and versatile. In the winter if I don't feel like putting effort into my outfit, I'll usually just throw on a pair of leggings, uggs, and a sweatshirt.

But I'd stay away from shirts with logos or words on them. Try to wear lots of v-necks and scoopnecks, and maybe get some cute small sweaters, I know dELiA*s has a lot of those, so do places like Macy's and Nordstrom.

I personally hate light wash jeans, so I'd stick to dark wash jeans, and make sure you don't get super flared legs cause that could overwhelm you because of your height. I think skinny jeans would look cute on you, and maybe some flats and boots, or heels if you want to be taller.

Hope I helped!:)

What Guys Said 4

• If you're hourglass, you have GREAT curves... SHOW 'EM OFF! Wear an empire waist, baby foll top, belt a dress or top or tuck your shirt in, but bloused over a little. This will accent your best features

• pony tail, long sleeve light colored sweater, white short skirt, petite low heel shoes or sandals. mmm lol

But really it depends on the occasion. You could check youtube for fashion tips.

• Well if you have an hourglass shape I would suggest a dress that would show of your shape.

• why don't you try forever 21?

or express?

• I like Forever 21. It's just that it's always hit and miss with them. I actually got my favorite jeans from there.

• I'll look 'em up. =]

• Tell me how it goes =)

What Girls Said 5

• That's really broad.

I'm 5'3" and I have an hourglass figure...I'm your basic jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, but I like to wear fitted clothes; baggy clothes don't flatter my figure at all (they don't really flatter anyone's figure), and since I'm shorter, I always end up looking a lot younger than I actually am when I wear them.

There are a lot of options for you. I suggest looking through a few magazines (they always have articles about what styles flatter your figure), then going shopping with a few friends, trying on a bunch of clothes, and asking your friends for their opinions.

• firstly, the hollister-esque type of fashion suits tall skinny girls with stick figures. I have the same body type & height as you, though I'm shorter than you (5'1). what looks good on an hour glass figure are clothes that play on the silhouette of the hour-glass type body. don't wear graphic/typo tshirts. and if you have a large chest (size C or greater), wear tops that have a low neckline (U-neck or scoopneck is preferable, don't wear v-necks), because it gives the boobs a good shape, while tops with high necklines make big boobs look like globs of fat. wear structured/tailored clothes (google images online for "structured clothes", it'll give you an idea on what to wear). DON'T wear high-waisted skirts/shorts/pants, because the hour-glass type on someone with our height won't look too good in high-waisted bottoms. high-waisted bottoms should be set aside for the skinny girls. if there's anything else you can drop me a message, I've done quite a lot of styling.

• you should get some cute boots with a heel.make sure the clothes you wear are tailored to your body type

• You have such a versatile figure to play with lucky girl!

I would recommend light colors or shades in a dress. Wear a dark band over the smallest part in your waist to make yourself look especially curvy (only, however, if the dress has a consistent color). With heels.

However - If your a bit more of a jeans& shorts person I would suggest cargo khakis with a tank top that is form-fitting

If you want your hips to look smaller:

hip-huggers with a loose top that has an empire waist

If you want to draw attention to your chest:

Wear a form-fitted top or a striped t-shirt with plain or darker jeans

remember: the eye is drawn to lighter colors, so if you have two-tone dress or shirt keep in mind your boobs/butt whatever is going to be highlighted if the brighter color is on it

• Try going gothic..

Or punk :]

that what I am doing as soon as I turn 15 :)