What do you think of guys who really take care of their appearances?

I like to keep myself clean and stay fit. I'm not an airhead, or conceited, but rather I like to just to stay cleaned up. my habits are: facial mask once a week, and daily face wash, shave my face when it goes past stubble, or keep it a clean stubble, shower and brush my teeth twice a day, shave my stomach and chest, and I recently started waxing downstairs. I'm straight but again I like my appearances and maintain it, I don't do any eyebrow waxing or constantly shave my legs. Would that be a turn off if dated a guy like this and you learned this about him?

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, that's absolutely great! It would be worse if you didn't take care of your appearance. So, it's not a turn off, it's an huge turn on!

What Girls Said 9

• you take better care of yourself than I do haha so I mean it wouldn't be bad but it would make me pretty self conscious to be honest

• I'm sorry to hear that =/ I hope the girls I dated never felt that way, although I do it for myself, I see it as a plus for her knowing that I'm well kept and that I have good hygiene haha

• haha yeah its definitely a plus! id probably just tease you about it but i wouldn't be butt hurt haha i do what i feel is necessary and so do you!

• I wouldn't mind that at all. What you do is not extreme anyways. I love a clean groomed guy. I dated a guy that waxed his eyebrows a and shaved all the hairs everywhere lol I thought it was sexy. It was hard to keep up :) You're doing good.

• Haha thanks, I like to keep it up for myself, even after dating a girl a for a while I don't ease up on it

• To each their own, some women love a man who maintains himself and others don't care for it. I say good for you for taking pride in yourself. Personally I like guys who tend to be 'rough around the edges' (beard, body hair)

• that's nice and i think it would be cute cause we can do some beauty rituals together like applying facial mask on the face... ^-^

• I honestly wouldn't mind doing that with another girl Haha

• Keeping up appearance and shaving/waxing are two different things. I prefer a guy have good hygiene and do the usual face and hair maintenance. I dated a guy that shaved once and I will never do that again. Don't care to feel even one little prickle when I'm snuggling with a guy.

• funny thing is after waxing downstairs, and doing it every 4-5 weeks I don't have "prickles" and when it grows in, it's very thin soft hairs because waxing weakens the follicles.

• Well as long as there aren't any prickles thumbs up to you lol

• Metrosexual, self-absorbed. I prefer the middle kind. Not gross, but also doesn't spend more time getting ready than I do.

• Love it :)

• I like a guy that takes care of himself xxx

• That's nice you will attract more girls!

What Guys Said 6

• I take care of myself as well, but I am arrogant, cocky, some may even say conceited. :P
    I don't shave my body though, just trim my pubes.

• It's good that you're honest haha guessing you do face washes and what not as well?

• Nah you're sweet!

• Was my face twice a day, but only use face wash once when I shower. In the morning its just water.
      Gotta remember to apply lotion.

@cleveland Thanks, I am sweet looking aren't I. ;)

• what is a facial mask?

• it's a cream you put over face, let it dry for like 15 min then rinse it off.

• oh i see. hmm i have not done that yet, i just do the usual shower and brush 3 times and floss after a meal.

• Yeah after the 2nd week your face is will be very smooth and have a good glow to it. Also if you like to keep a beard, it helps with the irritation because it removes the dirt.

• i do... its not bad don't worry. oh and btw, whoever consinders that taking care ofyour appearance is gay must check up his brains

• I think girls appreciate good hygiene and attention to your body. It says something about your lifestyle and habits. What have girlfriends or hookups said to you? Do they appreciate it?

• To each his own, man. If it makes you feel good and confident, why should anybody stop you? Better than the opposite.

• Haven't tried a facial mask yet. But I have a beard, I don't know how that would work.

But yeah, I'm pretty similar, few differences. Thought this stuff was becoming standard practice?