Did anyone else lose their faith in Taylor Swift after seeing her new video for shake it off?

Honestly, it just was not in line with the Taylor I knew. I mean, it was just so weird & out of bounds for her, anyway. Lady Gaga, ratchet twerking, I couldn't even...

I'm starting to slowly & finally come to face with the conclusion that the Swifty I looked up to in high school is gone...

Most Helpful Girl

• She can't stay the same, she's a person and an artists and both need to grow, change and develop. I feel like this is a transitional time for her, and she's just trying stuff out. Writing songs that aren't about relationships, the new haircut, moving to a new city... etc.
    She's still the same girl at heart, but she's growing up.
    In the end she's a creative person and is making music for herself, music that is exciting for her. She doesn't owe us anything really, she's just sharing her music with us.

• I know she's her own human being but I just have old-Tay Tay nostalgia these days. :/

• Yeah i know what you mean, whenever i get that way i end up singing you belong with me really obnoxiously in my car. But i think that Taylor will come back, or at least here's hoping:)

What Guys Said 7

• Its s part of growing up, she's becoming more feminine now. Plus do you think that most of these singers actually care. They are going to give you what you want, so you can part with your money. End of story. I mean the purpose of a pop singer is pretty much be a sex symbol.

• She's still a lot classier than the majority of female artists out there right now but I will say that the song sucked. It was just really annoying.

• She's just having fun. I think what she used to be was boring.

• Pretty much all celebrities are just puppets for the Jewluminazis anyways.

• Never had her in my thoughts ever before !!

• You mean she's not the same immature Taylor Swift who sings about her past BF's and sings about her unrealistic view about love? FUCK YES about time.

• I didn't watch the video too closely. It's a great song though.

What Girls Said 5

• Not really, I never really liked Taylor Swift to begin with. But, I have a dude
    friend who loves Taylor Swift and he sent me that Shake It Off video and I don't
    see anything wrong with it. I'm not sure why people are making a thing out of it,
    I mean she dressed up in many different outfits in that video and did many different
    things and I think the song is about shaking off all the negative things people say
    about you. So, all in all. I don't see anything wrong with the video. I think she's
    just trying to branch out from country into pop and she's doing it all while still
    being herself, that's more then I can say for most young stars.

If she eventually decides to swing naked from a wrecking ball and lick a hammer,
    like Miley Cyrus. Then, I'll worry. Until then, I don't think she's any different then when she
    started. She's older and has a new hairstyle (and in my opinion dresses like an
    old lady lol), but she's still the Taylor she's always been.

• Whatttttt? You gotta be kidding me right? Honestly I think I like the new Taylor Swift is wayyyy cooler than the old one... Because it's wayy more exciting and soo modern !! And the song Shake It Off? It's awesome as hell !!! The song shake it off isn't about racism it's about dealing with haters and rumors by something really cool and the video it's about different kinds of people having fun ! I love that she do something different with her music and her awesome styles... Not to mention her sideway bangs, crop tops, and cat clothingsss LOL.. She looks georgeous as ever and talented.. As a swiftie, you should be proud of her get out of her comfort country zone and take the big risk of changing her music and style into more pop and modern look instead of losing faith.. As a matter of fact people like the new Taylor Swift better than the old one.. Remember even though her music and style has changed, she will always be herself and she'll never change it for some shitty publicity.. That's a real swiftie would react :) I wish you would say the same..
    P. S you gotta check out her new album 1989 ! It's SOOO COOOOOLLLLLLL !!!

• Ya same here.

• I do like her country songs better, but you have to admit that "Shake it off" is catchy. People change, she also has to appeal to a new audience while trying to please her old one.

• I never had any faith on her?