Ladies, if a guy didn't have a smartphone would you be turned off?

He has a basic phone that makes Zack Morris look like a baller with that wireless phone he always had. Would you be turned off by the fact that he did not have an iphone or android phone or whatever?

For the record, It's not like I can't afford an iphone 6, more like, removing a sim card from a phone that I've always had to a new device is like a soul reincarnating into a new body, I guess, I'm just concerned with change.

Most Helpful Girl

• The women that feel that these things matter are shallow and materialistic. It does not matter what phone you have, car you own, or clothes you wear. Money is taking over and we stress enough over it as it is. People forget that love and passion keep a couple together. Don't worry about what type of phone you have. It's the least of our problems in this corrupted world.. also, they come out with a new phone every month. You will always be behind on the "latest trend" it's a scheme.

What Girls Said 6

• Considering I don't care about material possesions, I suck tech stuff and I
    don't even own a cell phone at all. No, I would not. And, any woman that would
    be turned off by the type of cell phone a guy has, clearly dosen't have her piorities
    straight. No woman should be turned off by that, but it wouldn't surprise me if there
    were one's that were lol.

• wow,,, just wow
    no haha idc lol even if he can't afford it :P

idc if the guy is poor but i hate it if he is poor because he is lazy, desperate, and filled with self pity he forgot what motivation means lol
    i respect a hard worker (rich or poor) and a phone or car or w/e are important yes but if he is doing his BEST and still doesn't even own them then idc at least he is trying lol not a turn off

• Of course not! Being turned-off because a guy hasn't a smartphone it's stupid and childish. I wouldn't mind at all.

• Of course not. I don't mind. I'm not materialistic.

• It would depend on why he doesn't have a smartphone, I am considering returning to old phones, so I can spend the ridiculous amount they charge for data packages on other things. I have a computer for facebook, email, etc... do I really need a smartphone to stay connected? Nope... would rather have a REAL phone conversation than texting, or face-booking, in all honesty.

• yeah I would think he's broke. everyone has a smartphone

What Guys Said 2

• You're in your 30s most girls I would think would be even 'turned off' by such a stupid thing would be teenagers. But if you really think it's a issue you can get a decently good android phone for like a hundred bucks normally nowadays.

• I wouldn't date someone who has an iPhone. Windows Phone 8.1 or GTFO! xD

I am curious about the Nexus 6 running Android 5.0, though.