What do you think of my "style"?

I am always clean and neat, but I never wear makeup, and always wear jeans and some kind of shirt. I guess I just don't really care about fashion, although I still like to look nice. What do you think of that? Girls who are just very natural? My friends ask me why I don't wear makeup, but at the same time they say that I'm fine the way I am.

Anyway, just wondering. By the way, I'm seventeen.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yaa I agree with The-Nash about you being comfortable in your own skin . In today's society, many women are pressured to be fit, thin, beautiful, and high maintenance . I'm glad to hear that there's one more girl growing up to be comfortable with her self and sticking to her beliefs . Plus, skirts and jeans are always great on gals . Those types of clothing are pretty versatile . You can wear them when you are hanging out or out for a job interview, or when you are seventeen or even seventy one ;)

What Guys Said 4

• You sound attractive and comfortable in your own skin, like you can just hang around, or make a quick adjustment to change from casual to business . Which is good .

And if a girl asks why, she may use something she might you to give a try too . In which, what's the harm, she should have your best interest at heart . And if it's a guy, he probably wonders what you look like all dressed up .

• Personally, I would find your appearance more attractive, as it shows you have a personality and you don't just try and fit in or follow trends .

I much prefer girls with no make up on, rather than dating someone that looks like a tangerine . The girls I go for only wear, at most, eyeliner and nail varnish .

So I say keep with your style and don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't wear, because they're only insecure with themselves and their own appearance .

• Your friends are trying to drop hints while being politically correct or as I should say "Oprah Correct"

If you only do one thing, at least wear nail polish - otherwise guys are going to think you competing with them for girls - and at a minimum, you aren't interested in guys .

• I DO wear nail polish . It's sorta my "thing" . :D

• You good then, maybe add a barrette to your hair or some jewelery around a wrist

Try wearing a little make up that accents your nature look - lipstick

• I would rather date a girl who looks good with no makeup then a girl who looks good with makeup any day . Obviously there might be special occasions or dates where you wanna put on just a little touch to just kind of enhance your facial features . But for the most part, if you can get away with no makeup, then that's awesome and there is no reason to wear it !

What Girls Said 5

• Make-up if worn /apply correctly can enhance your natural features . Dark make-up, wild colors, boldness should be kept for make-up artists and top models . But, the average girl can always use a little bit of blush to bring out her natural skin tone, wear a bit of foundation applied smoothly to bring out the evenness in her skin, and of course bit of tinted gloss on the lips (clear or maybe a bit of pink in it) . I did not wear make-up until I was about your age -- simply because I was scared I would look like one of those girls with a mask on my face . You should cut a couple of pictures from magazine of looks that you like and would likely compliment your style and comfort level with make-up and then make an appointment with the make-up counter (I like MAC or Saphoria) both companies make excellent quality make-up that goes on easily, you don't have to use a lot (so it lasts a long time) and plus they have the latest look for girls like yourself . Always remember that make-up is only an accessory . It's how you, as an individual let it shine through . I am positive that you are probably a very pretty girl who has some beautiful facial features that are worth enhancing with a just a touch of make-up !

• At 17, you do not need to wear makeup . (When you get older, a little bit of makeup can go a long way . But don't worry about that now . ) But since you like to look nice, you might consider varying the uniform . How about a jean miniskirt once in a while, just for a change ? Still casual, but fun and cute (and will definitely get attention from guys, if that's what you want . )

• I don't wear make up, never have (unless you count lip gloss) and I haven't had any issues. I feel you can be natural and look great. If you're comfortable then that's all that matters. Plus who wants to date a chick who looks completely different when you wake up?

• Feeling comfortable is the most important thing when it comes to style.

If you want, continue to dress as you are and not wear make-up, but don't shy away from getting all dazzled up every now-and-then (like for prom or other big social events).

• Have you ever noticed how the girls on America's Next Top Model hardly ever wear makeup ? When I first saw them I was like wait . They don't look like models ! But after awhile I started to notice their complexions, eyes, hair, noses, just their features . They looked to beautiful . Then it was like omg they don't need makeup too look that good . Pretty soon I looked at other people I saw in my everyday life & noticed how little makeup they wore too . Your friends might be like me . They need to "learn" beauty . And they definitely will . Just wait . If your comfortable with how you look then don't change for anyone .