Why is it that in most cultures women keep long hair and men keep short hair?

why such a difference in length of hair in almost all cultures?

Updates:
why isn't there any culture with women with short hair and men with long?

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that long hair gives a more feminine look and i think it is like hard for boys to grow a really long hair like my brother he takes like month to actually grow something

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know why. But lets just say a girl cuts her hair, people would mistake you as a boy lol!! My friend that is a girl cut her hair and people that she was a man lolololi!!! True story

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls have long hair to look more feminine and maintain it quite well.. whereas, for guys it's easier to maintain short hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because long hair looks feminine and women like to dress up and stuff and do stuff with their hair.
    Guys don't care as much about their hair so it's easier for em to have short hair also it looks manlier.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Long hair is a display of health for everyone.

But in many cultures, men cut their hair short to remove a grip for opponents in combat, and it then became associated with masculinity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Short hair is the easiest. (and in older times, an enemy would not be able to grab you by the hair when fighting)

0|0
    0|0
    • but what about modern times? many men are not into fighting.

• Those 10,000 or 70,000 yr or older habits have become part of most cultures and don't die in only 100 yrs.

• Because it looks best that way :3

0|0
    0|0