I straighten my hair, would girls mind?

I have pretty messy thick wavy/curly hair and it bothers me because i like to grow it out long but when its in its natural state i can't do much with it without looking good. So i straighten my hair and feel way better about my appearance. But im also a little iffy about how girls would perceive it so i dont tell anyone i do straighten it.

Would girls in general mind if a guy straighten his hair?

• Yes i would mind (reason)
  • No i wouldn't mind
  • Neutral

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy friend of mine does that ^.^ he looks good & many girls like his hair

• Yeah some guys can really pull it off. But i get jelly when other dudes have it naturally like that haha.

• It looks good, but straight is easy to deal with lol

• you're right haha and looks incredible in the wind.

What Girls Said 17

• Sadly, yes, I would mind (that is probably incredibly shallow). I just prefer my guy to be 'rough and ready' - I rarely straighten my hair so if my bf took longer than me to get ready it could be a problem.
    Anyway, seems like I'm the minority so don't sweat it!

• Thats okay i can understand. Thats why i ask too because of that same factor. I dont want my girlfriends to be waiting for me either haha.

• I take FOREVER to get ready and I never straighten my hair. LOL

• Most girls are constantly changing their hair, so why can't men? My brother straightens his hair which is funny because I have naturally straight hair and I wish it were curly and he wishes his was straight. I don't think girls really care - as long as it's clean LOL. If people cared so much about others not keeping their hair in it's natural state then why would woman dye, perm, straighten.. etc their hair all the time? You have nothing to worry about =)

• Oh alright! great comment. Same here with my brothers and sisters they all got the straight hair gene from my dads and i was the only one with the curly gene from my moms. Hers is just epic though because its super soft and thin.

• K that’s adorable you’ve passed on other guys to hope for a chance. Depending on how close you two are, you can ask him if he see’s himself in a relationship within the next 2 years. If he says no, even if he does like you, he's obviously not interested into you at the time and that shouldn’t hold you up. If you value your friendship then I say you can still keep it while you're dating others. No reason not to :)

• My friends don't think it's adorable. They think it's pathetic. If he never makes a move or I get a definite answer he's not interested in me in that way then of course I want to keep him in my life as the kind of friends we are. Its just sometimes I get so confused because he'll do or say something that will give me mixed signals that maybe there's something there for him too but I'm not sure.

• I love to see guys straiten there hair, it looks so epic. A guy friend of mine does it... Sadly he is taken and so am I.
    So yes it looks fab

• I don't care. As long as you're not girly if that makes sense xD my friend has wacky curly hair and he's straightened it for fun a couple times haha. Looks nice for some men :)

• Im not girly but i feel the act of doing so is, thats the problem. I think it looks way better and sharper on me.

• That's still long as I look at guys. Mid neck and down? YES...:)

• yeah its definitely past the medium hair length phase. I think ill keep going.

• you just do you... just make sure to use heat protector. Like my boyfriend has used my hair spray, hair gel, face wash, shampoo, conditioner like everything when he sneaks over for the night. But I'm like so what if he used my pomegranate shampoo? I got to shower with him and who says fruits are girly? every damn person eats fruits! hahaha

• good point haha. Its just society that says this and that and sets standards on genders.

• yeah it's honestly bullshit don't let it bother you!

• I personally don't like when guys do girly stuff. Straightening, curling, dying hair or even shaving it off of your body.. xD If I liked that type of thing, I think I might as well be lesbian... I like manly men. .. but that aside, just cause I don't like it doesn't mean all girls don't like it, and however you feel most comfortable, most confident, and more YOU, do it! cause that's how you'll be the best you. (cause it makes "you" feel more secure) I would prefer you with your curls. :]!

• Could you ststraighten mine? Jk hahaa! It's kinda cool you know how.

• I can haha. Im pretty good around the ears from years of practice lol.

• I don't care. If it gives him a confidence boost, then more power to him.

• Yeah so it must be a good thing.

• I think it's okay if a guy takes care of his appearance. I do the same with make-up so why can't men do the same. But I do like wavy curly thick hair, but if you think it looks better straight, then do what you want to

• Yeah most girls tell me when i admit my natural hair they scream at me saying they want to see my curly hair. Girls think its cute but i dont want to look cute lol XD

• You can use something like gel or wax to make it look more though or cool or whatever. Rock dem curls

• yeh i got this tresume oil thing that gives that smooth look which does look sick.

• no. but a friend of mine always wears a tight knit cap until his hair dries to straighten it somewhat.

• hmm thats interesting.

• i voted B but tbh i would kinda feel sorry cause i would find that inconvenient if he is doing that like all the time. most likely i would research about it and experiment to help him haha! :)

• i think it's awesome if you do something to make yourself feel better about yourself! :)

• I wouldn't mind at all, as long as you are comfortable with it.

• yes it does give me comfort. just easier to style for sure.

• meh i dont care but idk... i find natural hair very hot on guys, even if messy lol

• Mine gets poofy and lame. I dont think youd like that.

• Loads of guys do it, it's nothing abnormal

• Im the only guy I know in my life who straightens his hair so i kinda do see it abnormal haha XD but thanks for your comment.

• Honestly your not believe me I know more guys who straighten there hair than women lol it's completely normal

• Well thats good to hear :) just as long as women dont see it weird.

• I seem to like a shorter hair on guys so I don't know if I have an opinion but no hate

• I like to have it short during the summer and it feels great but once it start to grow, the iron turns on.

• Well as long as you like it

• yeah, thanks for commenting.

• No a guy who can use straighteners better than me (which isn't setting the bar very high tbh..) is hott ;)

• are you serious? i always kinda thought it was ridiculous im skilled with one lol, probably use it as a friggin weapon you know.

• Its alright lol sometimes we just love the opposite of what we are hence straightening hair. It Is a commitment takes at least 15 minutes every day. People in Muslim countries take less time praying than I do straightening my hair a day haha.

• Lols!

What Guys Said 5

• Dude I have a natural thick curly hair and I straightened it with a relaxer. There's no problem with it. Im actually a bit of a copycat. I copied this famous soccer player's hairstyle. His name is Neymar, plays for Barcelona.. I have the same exact haircut. And girls actually check me out more now that Im in college lol.
    Here are a couple pics of the haircut dude

• for some reasons gag won't let me post the links but you can always look up his pics of his him. he has an awesome haircut.

• Yeah bro you sound pretty knowledgable about this. If you enjoy it why not go for it? I bet you you'll have a lot of fun providing great information to everyone and working with hair. I love hair myself cuz in my opinion it says a lot about a person's personality.

• I think its all good. However you feel your best. Jack White, for example, I think looks way hotter with his hair straightened.

• Any worthwhile companion isn't going to have a problem with you straightening your hair. Go for it, man. Have the look you want.

• you're right, thanks man.

• No need for that. thsts too much detail. But sure, why not

• That's abit Gay

• Does seem a little. But whatevs on what guys think.

• No no bud please don't. Stay the way you are

• Not like I have a choice X)