Fake bake anyone?

i have naturally really fair skin. I look way better with a tan but can't achieve that with natural sunlight. I use self tanners to get that tan. what do boys think about a girl using a self tanner to get bronzed skin?

not a sun bed... self tanner as in lotions

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly? it's kinda lame. I think the best thin you can do for your skin is just to moisturize and use good healthy skin creams and lotions. I guy will respond to soft skin a lot more than a fake tan that might rub off or something (I know the stuff is a little better than that but it's still a pretty excessive element to add to a relationship). It ends up becoming something that you have to maintain (high maintainance is not fun) and you start worrying if you'll be liked without it. when you have to worry about something like that being a factor in your relationship I think it's instantly something worth avoiding.

• It doesn't ever rub off. I've been using it for years and have become a pro at putting it on. I do worry though that I won't be considered hot without it cause in my head everyone looks better with a tan. but unless someone asked you would never be able to tell my tan is fake. and I would rather fake it than be going out and getting skin cancer.

• Something to consdier about guys: We like attractive women but sometimes that things you think make you look good, we don't even notice. Do you have a good body shape? is your skin all in one piece? that's all we're looking at. (If you've got blemished skin I doubt a tan will hide it we'll still notice it if it's a problem). Your tan or lack there of is going to be at the bottom of the list of things that makes you sexy. In fact we might even give you points for just being natural sometimes.

• You would notice. its summer and my skin looks like snow. boys have commented on it before that I would be more attractive with a tan. trust me. you would notice my skin if I didn't do anything to it. I'm just asking if guys think that using self tanners is weird?

What Guys Said 2

• it does look better but like with everything its better in moderation because too much and its causing skin cancer and you look orange

so I would say only get it once in a while

• Looks terrible.. You look orange more then anything.

• I don't look orange at all. seriously you would never be able to know its a fake tan..

What Girls Said 3

• Just to let you know fake baking is going to the tanning beds not using self tanners those are a different thing just stay away from the indoor tannin because I started over a year ago and can't stop.

• i go to tanning beds year round...my fiance' loves for me to be dark, and the heart on my hip drives him crazy.

you have less of an orange-zebra look with beds instead of self tanners, might give it a try. but if you have a hard time getting a tan in the sun I don't know how well tanning beds would work out for you...

• Say, you do know how horrendous those are for your skin right? It's great that you'd go to such lengths for him but does he know you're probably giving you're self serious skin cancer?

• The thought probably never crosses his mind. lol.

after the wedding the tanning stops :]

• I don't look orange with a self tanner. I def won't tan in a bed since I can't even tan in sunlight. and yes good luck to you not getting skin cancer.

• I think fair skin is beautiful all in its own way.I have fair skin myself,and I wouldn't change it for anything.