Guys: what is your stance on makeup?

Do you like specific kinds of makeup on girls, do you hate it all together? Maybe only a little bit of mascara and blush? or do you like lipstick or lipgloss? let me know!

Most Helpful Guy

• *takes a deep breath* okay, i answered this a couple dozens times allready, but here we go again.
    Excessive makeup is EASY to spot, and while it might look good at a distance, it makes me think "nope, girl's not geniuine. No go" then leave her alone. Why? Because if you cake on lots of makeup to the point of covering your face, i simply can't see you as genuine. You're covering a part of yourself for crying out loud. The same goes for quite a lot of ovedrone makeup (excessive use of eyeliner/mascara, fakingt things with powder...), simply because experience have shown a correlation between how much makeup a girl use and how genuine she acts.
    I am ok with very small levels of makeup (that you can't see at a distance) to simply enhance beauty chararcteristics, but beyond that i do not see the need for makeup AT ALL. Note that even if i'm ok with it, i'm equally ok with a girl that does not use makeup at all except for on special occations, because it shows she's confident in herself and does not see the need to fake it to get a guy.

So how can we conclude this? Makeup comunicates personality too, and the more makeup i see, the less desireable i read her personality. Because i want genuine girls who's confident in herself and not afraid to show herself without makeup.

What Guys Said 13

• Take it or leave it. I don't wear makeup, so I'm not going to expect you to.

But it does look pretty good when done right. By right, I mean minimal.

I'm not sure what it is about excessive makeup -- lots of mascara, blush, and bright crimson lipstick -- but I feel uneasy around it. Almost in a "gone girl" sense that you're hiding some deep psychosis or you're ready to beat me down the moment I don't comply. I'm not sure what causes this, perhaps it's this chick: http://goo.gl/TqjWTn Or the fact that girls in my school's theatre department threatened my life and had someone basically assault me, all riddled with that exact style of makeup.

Moderate makeup is great. Lots of makeup is bad. No makeup is awesome. I like knowing I'm looking at your real face.

• I never liked make up. I won't get turned-off by some eye-liner or lip color, but I like natural skin - freckles and imperfections and all. And glossy lips seem quite childish. But keep in mind that I'm a pretty conservative guy, compared to most - Seeing that most guys want they girls to look like strippers. If a guy every tells you that you aren't wearing enough make up, then he is an asshole, and you should be ashamed of yourself for staying with him. The overall point is, wearing make up in a way that make you feel the most confident, is going to be more attractive than the actual physical look you've applied. I Dude has you make yourself up that way he prefers, but you feel like a clown, that will show through, and the net affect is loss. Girls, by your very nature, are sexy, so remember that less is more, when it comes to cosmetics. And when you are in front of the mirror, ask yourself if you are making yourself up for the guys to like, or for the girls to be jealous of.

• Less is more.

Light blush, little mascara I'd hot, I think it brings more attention to the eyes. Maybe a light lipstick, other than that it , it's too much.

It should NOT look like your face is painted on, makeup should be used to
    ENHANCE your face
    NOT
    DISGUISE it.

• Hate it all! Hate it all! Don't want to see it anymooore! Take it off! Take it off! Let me see your true beautyyyy! Frozen remix by the way.

• The very minimum amount needed to get the desired effect a woman is looking for. It certainly can enhance beauty. but I am not a big makeup person. so little or none is best.

• i like girls who wear make-up , lipstick, eye shadow
    i like the smoky eye look , red lipstick , mascara

• I like as little as necessarry. Sometimes the natural look is even the best one!
    Certainly no "DIY jobs" where loads of make-up are used to hide the girls face. That's a big turn off!

• But why do I always see those girls with full make up with bf on the streets?

• It's not about the make-up, it's about the personality! Use other assets than make-up: a nice smile, giving friendship to the guys you like.
      Be a warm personality and you'll get a warm welcome from the guys :-)

• Yea I suppose I do like makeup on girls. Not too much.
    Just they look even more enticing I feel.
    But don't get me wrong some girls just put a dab here & there & look nice.
    Mascara & blush are terms I'm not clued up with.
    Lipstick or lipgloss is fine. Not fussy.

• I prefer what i call 'natural makeup' something which emphasises what the girl already has so maybe a little blushers and some mascara is all that's needed, a vast majority of the time, the girls i know look prettier without makeup on anyway, now granted if you're going out for the evening make up can't hurt, but for general day-to-day i know plenty of girls that don't use make up every day and they are some of the prettiest girls i know

• Don't care. Wear it if you want, but I prefer to know what a girl looks like without makeup.

• I hate makeup all together.

• If I understand that she has make up on, it means that she has put too much. So, just put a little

• i like women not paint

What Girls Said 8

• I know you are looking for guy's opinions on this but I wanted to comment that most guys don't realize that the 'natural' look is really just skilled application of makeup. They tend to think that if they are not seeing raccoon eyes and clown blush with crimson lips that you must be going bare faced. A guy that I dated for a few months told me that he liked that I didn't wear makeup and was naturally pretty. I was honestly a little baffled because he never once saw me without at least foundation, blush, light gloss, and a little mascara. So I think that when most guys say that they don't like makeup they really mean they are not a fan of the more dramatic looks.

• I've seen enough questions on makeup on GAG. So I think I'm safe to say that most male GAGers will say no makeup or light makeup.
    Although all those girls that I see on the street with a full face of makeup always have a boyfriend.

• I prefer very subtle makeup. Sometimes I'll wear foundation, if I have really bad circles under my eyes, but that's rare since I've balanced by body clock long ago and always get enough sleep.

The only make up I wear is mascara and eyebrow tint (which should be pretty obvious from my profile pic, lol). On special occasions I may whip out the eyeliner, but not so much, because I have hooded eyelids, so no matter which fancy brand I get - it all gets smudged really fast.

My boyfriend once said something I think was quite sweet: "I love how much you take care of yourself and your looks. I can tell you put effort into it, but it's not over the top like some girls have a million cosmetic products in the bathroom and makeup bag."

• They all say they only like mascara, or no makeup but that because thy don't know what most of us look like without our makeup. They like naturally looking makeup, because for some reason they can't see things like foundation, concealer, highlight, contour. So if it's natural like your skin they can't really see it

• The interesting thing is, guys expect flawless or near flawless skin, and sometimes can't tell if that's good foundation or not. Asking for accentuating makeup is not a bad thing, but some people pull off the 'full makeup face' by being subtle about the look they go for.
    My look is all about dramatic makeup, and so guys who've liked me have usually had similar styles to me (the rock music, black clothing crowd). Feeling comfortable is more important than a guy's ideal of makeup, especially if they don't have a clue...

• Guys can't tell how much makeup a girl has on if she does it right. There opinion is irrevelant.

• I love make up I absolutely love it a guy doesn't know the difference between a lot of make up and little make up a lot of make up to guy is lipstick and eye shadow and liquid liner you could not being wearing foundation or conclear but still have shadow and liner one itll still look a lot of make to them but if you only foundation and concler and contour and put mascara and blush they won't even know you're so much

• Who cares what they think!
    The whole, i don't want to date a fake/inner beauty bullshit is dumb.
    If being natural is so damn important why aren't they complaining about us wearing deodorant, shaving our legs, underarms and private parts!

Some girls like makeup, WE like it. We like wearing it, we like the feeling it gives us, the ritual, the rite of passage and the confidence. Who i am is not determined by what is on my face and any guy that judges me for it is just plain superficial.