What can I do to become less ugly?

Any tips for me (or just for guys in general) to look better, or ways to deal with being of below average looks? Any help is appreciated kindly.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're actually quite good looking. Why would you think you're ugly?

• I agreed

• I'm really not, people can get along with me but they often say that when they first meet me they are afraid/intimidated of me (that's not a good first impression to have right? :P), ironically, i'm afraid of people being afraid or not liking me, which is why i don't really get into relationships.

• My brother has that problem but its because he's massive, like 6'1 and stocky at age 13. He's always been massive so other kids get scared, he's learned to put on some fake super happy guy who smiles a lot when he first meets people. Just try to be extra polite and smiley when you first meet people maybe. I can't see what looks intimidating about you though. You just look like that quiet brooding type.

What Girls Said 11

• Yeah ur not ugly, you're probably just not applying yourself when it comes the ladies if thats why you're saying u think you're ugly. Keep doing research, there's got to be a male version of Cosmopolitan magazine!!! Life is a social game, focus on learning stratedgy :)

• you look cute. but you have sad eyes :( stop being sad!

• He looks sad because he has negative canthal tilt, its not something he's doing lol.

• A canthal tilt? i had to google that. Is that a weird thing to have?

• Nah, you're cute.

• You are not ugly -.- Maybe if you get a new hair cut and trim your stubble, you will "feel" more attractive.

• I honestly don't think you're bad looking at all. Don't be so hard on yourself.

• But if you're really unsatisfied with your appearance, make some minor changes like shaving or changing your fashion.

• Any recommendations? i very rarely buy myself new clothes.

• start at zara. armani is also a good place for coats.

• Stop calling yourself ugly. Then "boom", you won't be ugly anymore.

(No sarcasm intended)

• Stop thinking you don't wanna be rich, then "boom", you're rich.
      Stop thinking you don't wanna have magical powers, then "boom", you've got magical powers.

I'm sorry I just founded funny the "boom" part xD But I totally agree with you, when you start worrying so much about something, is when you start getting the results you wanna get.

• It's not as easy as that, i can only ever focus on the negative and people have told me that they've seen me physically cringe when i receive compliments (I don't like them but i didn't know that people noticed it :( )

• Well, only you can change that, nobody else has that power.

• Whuuuuuuuut you're cute af stahp it

• Lol you re not ugly? Just make your wardrobe style, change your behaviors and some hair style

• Any suggestions? When i'm out and about i just mainly wear shirts and jeans

• Come to message I ll tell

• Okay, as a girl i like david beckham and lord disick. their hair style and most important face, body and clothing style. follow their style

• well I mean you aren't ugly to begin with so

• What, your not ugly your actually fairly cute. I think you might just be a little self conscious. Maybe start the gym and do things to help improve your confidence.

• I honestly don't have the confidence to work-out in front of other people

• Aww don't be silly, everyone has to start somewhere, nobody's born chiseled like a Greek god, that's what gyms are for. Once you gained some confidence you will ooze that cheeky attitude and you'll get plenty of female attention, Im fairly sure you don't struggle finding girls now your just a little shy maybe I don't know

• Not sure if this is a troll, a guy fishing for attention or a lack of confidence...
    I'll grant you benefit of doubt and answer nicely. You're not ugly at all mate. In fact you look really good. Tbh you are above average (to me at least). Have some more confidence !

• yeah dude asking if you're attractive on here isn't going to help your confidence

• Not asking if i am attractive, just trying to find out how i can improve myself or learn to manage with what i have. Never even had a partner before.

• Since you are attractive, then you should be ok to manage with what you have.

• You look pretty good to me..

What Guys Said 4

• shave beard, eyebrows and body hair, and let your scalp hair grow more, i guess

• Do something with your hair and stubble. You don't have to shave it off, but it's not really doing much for you right now.

• any hairstyle you can suggest? I'm not much of an expert with male grooming

• Try Googling 'good hairstyles for men', your hair looks quite thick which might help. You could also go to a good hairdresser and have a look at the pictures they usually have up or ask for tips, they can usually recommend something. Mine is just the usual back and sides, and I put a tiny bit of gel into the fringe just to stop it flopping straight down if I've just washed it. This is less fuss than it sounds so don't be afraid of a little bit of effort to keep the look, especially when you're on a night out!

• You can't get less ugly you can only get more beautiful! Let that personality shine, make the decision that you are going to think more positively. Beautiful people are still people. no better no worse

• You can't really. Your main flaw is the level of asymmetry in your face, which cannot be altered.

Try new clothes and haircuts like others have suhhested, but keep in mind they really don't make a big difference.

Having said that you aren't ugly, you are above average looking.

• Anything that can take the focus off the asymmetry?