Would you consider me to be plus-size?

I am 152lbs, 5'8".

Measurements are:
Bust: 37"
Waist: 27.5" (mostly)
Hips: 39.5"

I am asking this because my friend, when in Forever 21 told me where the plus-size section was after telling her my size

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really understand imperial measurements because where I am we measure in metric. But would you say this would be what your body looks like?

www.ebay.com/.../141465303668

• Yeah pretty much, smaller thighs and a bigger butt though

• @nicko2552 thanks mate.

• I voted no, because you are not plus size. I took those measurements you gave and did some research, I saw what a 37 inch bust looks like, 27.5 inch waist looks like and worked out what size jeans you would be and looked up that size. I am not trying to sound perverted just trying to give you an honest opinion, you are exactly how I like a girl to look, smaller in the waist than the rest of your body, you waist size is perfect. You have a very nice bust size it is also perfect and your hip size is perfect to, the size tight jeans that you would wear is just so perfect. It sounds like your body looks more like a woman's body than an a girls and that is extremely attractive. I hope this is not too much for you.

What Guys Said 15

• Plus size is a term used by clothing designers for women whose body dimensions require using more fabric than what normally goes on the "Sample size" (which is basically a mannequin). This is most people. It is a fashion term specific to the fashion world with a meaning that is in no way hurtful or says anything about your health or attractiveness. To attempt to use that term to translate to "fat" or "not fat" is setting yourself up for a self esteem disaster.

• A picture would make answering this question so much easier.

• i guess I don't know
    -_- and that was nice of your friend...

"yay here's my size (white girl voice)... oh plus sizes over their for you"

• I suck at using all of those numbers to imagine someone in my head. LOL

5'8" and 152 sounds completely within the healthy range to me. BMI, while an imperfect measure, would tell you the same thing, I think.

• plus-size or not both your height and weight are great

• it's really hard to say without a picture , just off numbers I assume maybe a little heaver then average but not large

• i don't know about sizes that much but I'm going to guess you are probably a pant size 10 shirt size medium which is not plus at all that is just curvy in a good way

• No I don't think so. A busty average body type girl though.

• I would say your body is just right... but I like a girl a bit curvy. ..

• Got a pic of yours?

• This is a little depressing for me.

• We are the same height and you weigh almost the same as me :P I go to the gym 5 days a week and am muscular I'm 168 lbs

• It will depend on the clothing maker's way of determining size, so hard to know from just that information. Either way, it sounds like you've got a great hourglass figure with a great waist-to-hip ratio and big boobs! Very nice!

• You're normal, according to your BMI, but not by much. Maybe Forever 21 just does their sizes differently. I hear that's how it is with bras. Like, one company does it one way, while another will do it another. You'll be larger one place but smaller another

• bmi's are bullshit they think the rock is obese have you seen the rock that guy is not even near obesity

• Yes he's my idol. The only reason they think he's obese is because he's got muscles, it's all muscle weight. If he didn't, he'd probably be normal

• When you're "big" it's OK to have muscles, or be tall, like she is... if you're short or have no muscles, it looks terrible to weigh a "lot"

What Girls Said 8

• Without a photo, it is hard to say since I don't have a lot of experience with shopping and clothing sizes etc... but I don't think you are plus size at 5"8, 152 is normal and average.

• I wear size 36 for european standards, it is small for US i guess. Usually whenever I go Forever 21, i never find my size in the correct place. They design for kids i think. LMAO

• No, not at all. You sound like a "regular size" to me. You could probably wear a 28 or 29 from Forever 21. NOT plus-size.

• More importantly, why are you buying at Forever 21? Ugliest clothing ever! D:

• Oh god I don't, I was in with my friend and she directed me over

• You have boobs.. And hips.. So maybe?
    But your waist size isn't big

• Because forever21 is like petite sizes and so what if you're plus size. People really need to accept themselves really before wanting other people to accept them. Be confident, everyone is beautiful.

• maybe for at forever 21 but no

• No, not unless you're modeling.

My measurements are similar, but I'm only 5'2 my measurements are 38-25-39 and I wear a size 5-10 depending on where I'm shopping. I'm a medium in Forever 21 clothes. Definitely not plus sized.

I will admit that I'm bigger than all of my friends, but we're not plus sized though.

• I'd say "plus sized" would be a size 14 or bigger MAYBE a size 12, but even that's kinda pushing it.

• Yeah I know their sizes are all over the freaking place. I can be an XS in a sweater, but an XL in some shorts, but for the most part I'm ok with a medium. I always try that on first then go up or down from there.

• How you dress can also make you look bigger than you are too though. I hate her personality, but Kim Kardashian is actually really great to follow for tips on how to dress our body shape.

If you don't define your waist it's easy to make yourself look 20-25 lbs heavier than you actually are and instead of looking like you're 37-27.5-39.5 you can look like you're 37-34-39.5 which will make you look fat and dumpy instead of beautiful and curvy.

A non defined waist media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...bab315a7771f.jpg vs a defined one media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...baddf37ccc48.jpg can make all the difference in the world