Do you care about your shoes?

This is mostly aimed to guys, but girls can answer too. How much do your shoes tell about you? Do you just grab the first pair you find or do you actually care what they look like?

• I care what kind of shoes i wear
  • I don't care what kind of shoes i wear

Most Helpful Guy

• Dress shoes, definitely not. I hate having to wear them to begin with, and really don't care how they look, so I just buy the absolute cheapest pair from a discount store, for about £5.

With "technical" footwear, where you're paying for performance rather than just a brand name, I'm prepared to spend a lot more. For example, I have expensive badminton shoes, climbing shoes, snow boots, ski boots, wetsuit boots, etc.

What Guys Said 13

• I pick functional shoes. I'll take an ugly, comfortable, functional shoe over a pretty one any day.

I have:
    -old ratty running shoes, strictly for yard work
    -better shape running shoes, for exercise
    -cheap casual loafer, for everyday wear (and work)
    -dress shoes, for formal stuff

That's all I ever bother with in terms of shoes. I don't really care how good they look (aside from the dress shoes), just if they can get the job done comfortably.

• Yeah, I have a shoe rotation for dress shoes, and resole them etc.

Today's shoes are reddish-brown double monks.

• I do but definitely nowhere near the amount most girls care. I still wanna look good so I do clean my shoes when the dirtiness is visible.

• Yeah I go for the top of the line sports shoe and dress shoes. I know for a fact on shoes you pay for what you get and I dont shop prices when it comes to shoes.

• >_< I'm more into shoes than a lot of ladies I know. I dance, so they are quite important, and imho shoes are the best way for men (except suits) to dress interestingly. We have pants whereas women have skirts, dresses, jeans, thighs, leggins,... We have tshirts/shirts, they have blouses, dresses, ...
    So we can show our diversity by shoes.

Jordan 1's Retro Lover.

• i don't give a shit... the only thing that matters to me is not to be narrow

• I don't really pay much attention to them. Most of my shoes are aimed to be as practical as possible, without much thought to fashion or such.

• I don't care much really. I refuse to spend more than $60-$65 on shoes, I don't want to spend too much money on something that's going to be in contact with the floor and sidewalks for 100% of its use.

• I'm being completely honest. Each one of my shoes is roughly valued a little more than $500 so yes I do care.

• I wear Brogues or smart casual plimsolls.

The reason I wear Brogues is I find that they are comfortable and stylish. I love the craftsmanship and the design of those shoes and that's why I wear them.

• Oh no I don't just randomly pick up any shoes. I only buy them if I like them.

• I pick what I like. Comfort comes before looks. I generally don't care about price when I'm getting quality. I have a couple of pairs of sneakers because I would swap out daily for runs. I have a couple of pairs of comfortable dress shoes that work with my professional attire. I don't clean them or shine them as often as I should. My shoes generally match what I'm wearing but for the most part I only wear black or white shoes.

• I can't say I care much about them, but I care enough at purchasing time to think ahead on how they will work utility/comfort wise and how versatile they will be with my wardrobe.

• Gotta have a selection

What Girls Said 4

• Since I was 12 I wear chucks 95% of the time I'm in shoes

33.media.tumblr.com/...lvoktmusm61qgtdigo1_500.gif

So yeah I guess I kind of care because I somewhat refuse to buy/wear anything else.

• I'm usually in flip flops these days lol, not sure that that says bout me :P

• To be honest no and yes, when I get shoes I'll take very good care for them but I'm not going to pay a shyt load for a pair of shoes unless I need them because of health reasons.

• I believe in investing in good pairs of shoes as a good ones allow me to walk longer distance. I look at comfort and prefer flats/pumps.