Why can't my friends be happy for me?

my mom and dad are all for me waiting for the right person but not every on is so helpful when ever I meet my friends at the mall I can tell when they were talking about me because they all stop talking when I get there and they all give me this look like they wish I hadn't showed up. I've gone through lots of friend because no one under stands why I want to wait only a few support me why is being a virgin so difficult for people to support

• do i keep trying to make friends
  • do i just keep the friends who support me

Most Helpful Girl

• Im a virgin by choice and a lot older than you. They are probably just jealous of you. I have lots of friends who aren't virgins and they have never treated me differently because of it. If that is truly why they are excluding you than that is really immature and not people who you should be friends with.

• yes I know that's why they exclude me because I have asked them and they have told me so and your right it is immature

What Guys Said 4

• ohhhh i like virgin cuties! tell them the reason why they aren't virgin anymore is cuz they got their azz dump afterwards lel

• Leave the women who are talking about you behind your back. They are neglecting their duty as your friends to support you even if they disagree with your decision. Stick to the group that supports you.

• Guys like girls who are virgins, if you want to wait for the right guy go ahead and wait if a guy really cares for you he'll understand and support you and if you're friends are gutless enough to talk behind your back they're not real friends and you should hang out with the ones who aren't assholes and go find new ones if you have to.

• I don't understand why you are having a problem with this. Are your friends guys that like you? Or are they girls that feel slutty next to you? I didn't think virgin girls were given a hard time like this.

• no their girls but I do have guy friends who like me and support me its only the girls who treat me that way

• I didn't mean that you did look down on them. I just meant they might be worried that could.

• ya but if they are worried that others would look on them why wouldn't they accept the friend like me who don't look down on them

What Girls Said 2

• I don't see how it would be the only reason for them to act this way. Believe it or not but people don't talk about a choice like yours 24/7. There is probably another reason behind it all.
    Also, nothing force them to accept your decision. I personally don't think waiting till marriage is a good thing and if it could stop a friendship, then it'd be it. You can't blame them for thinking other way and they have the right not to agree with you. If you feel bad about it, then yes, you should find a group of friends that wouldn't mind it. You can't force it

• They don't have to agree with her, but as her friends, it's their duty to be her support group. That's why people have friends. Friendship is a pillar to support those you care for and have that support returned. By talking about her behind her back, they are neglecting their duty as her friends.

• Of course but as I said you can't force them to accept it, then you should find a new group of friends.

• I'm a Virgin by choice and they're jealous possibly or not real friends. Dump them, they're a group of jerks.